Dealer reneging on lease after the contract is signed

It isn’t really if they find repaired frame damage

And
@Benedetto I believe the ‘buddy’ part, as OP’s been looking for an INFINITI, not a Honda.

1 Like

I bought 2 Tesla’s, leased a bmw 4 series (for employees) and leased a HONDA pilot for the wife since my infiniti :wink: I’m renting now (mustang convertible) until I find something I like

1 Like

Think he meant “principle.”

1 Like

same difference…

Since they have already returned the old car and will repo the new car, if necessary, this seems to be a done (or should I say “undone”) deal.

2 Likes

Your buddy is vacationing out of state with the new car correct?

1 Like

Here’s the update as I’m sure you are all sitting on pins and needles…
He told the dealer they can take the new car back but would need a doc showing the signed lease is cancelled and they can pick it up. They didn’t respond to him at first and when they finally did, they said he can keep the new car and pay what he thinks is fair towards the damage of the old car. At that point he said he doesn’t want to pay anything. They said ok and picked up the car. They also asked him to rate his experience 10/10 (?!)
Tldr he has the new car and his old car has been returned to the dealer.

1 Like

I’d give 10 ratings if I received an Amazon $100 gift certificate in my maibox.

Do you ask for that?

1 Like

Did you mean to say he has his old car and the new car has been returned to the dealer?

No. The dealer allowed him to keep the new car and grounded the old car. The deal stands as originally agreed upon.

1 Like

What were the “damages” to his trade in?

Dealer claimed 6k. I don’t know what it would’ve been at a chop shop.

I saw the dealer said “$6K” in your original post. What specifically did they say was damaged to justify the fact that they wanted to unwind the deal?

I don’t know. I’ll have to ask my buddy

This didn’t turn out at all like most of us were expecting :rofl:

I was expecting ‘the buddy’ to be the OP , so definitely.

Would be curious to hear the detail on this. It’s a crucial part of the story.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.