Dealer offered to lease me a 2016 Full Size Range Rover

They say it’s covered under their CPO warranty and bumper to bumper. $700 a month, first and plates… Assume this is just some 3rd party bank?

Furthermore, leasing a RR with 30k miles on it, regardless of CPO, this has disaster written all over it, right? Exterior is almost identical to the 2020, interior is different.

Someone talk me off the ledge, I’ve always wanted a full size RR.

I know of a dealer in NJ that does this for both Jaguar and Land Rover but the out of pocket always turned into more than 5k which didn’t make it worth it.

Come to your senses, mate.

Run…

3 Likes

Is it going to be covered under CPO warranty until the end of the lease ( both miles and date) ? If so, why do you think it will be a disaster? Assuming under warranty, you are looking at $1200 new vs $700 this…

1 Like

The interior also doesn’t have the same large touch screens as the new ones, but whatever.

They use some random 3rd party bank for this I assume? I asked the dealer and got some vague response.

I didn’t know Range Rover’s lasted up to 30k miles. All I hear are horror stories from owners.

2 Likes

This is probably correct.

Try and be the guinea pig for the forum. Start a youtube blog about the repairs and maybe you will become famous. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe I can have some cool interactive visual graphs:

Time on the road: +++++++
Time at dealership +++++++++

There is more to “disaster” than out-of-pocket expense.

Source: Friends who leased a new Ghibli.

As long as they guarantee a full size loaner while it’s in the shop l…

if it’s covered under CPO warranty for the duration of the lease i wouldn’t dismiss the idea