Dealer instructs to call corporate

From personal experience, top executives have one thing in mind, fudiciary responsibility to shareholders and the company. All the technicality doesnt even go up to the food chain and they vould care less like a few person claiming a lemon law. This is already expected and company set aside money to address this. Now if its a major recall, then yes, it will be acted upon swiftly because of the responsibility i mentioned earlier.
I have similar experience with my lexus and for the 3rd time after the dealer change the head unit, computer and camera, the backup camera intermittently would not work and nobody can figure it out on the whole east coast. I have the option to file a lemon law and regional director personally called me and expressed his regrets and asked them to give them one last chance if its ok. So the regional ofc searched for the one who designed and engineered it in japan. After a couple of weeks, the dealer asked me to bring my car again getting instruction from that japanese guy. It turns out, they went back to the drawing board and figure out the design, there was a flaw that some wires were touching some mechanical part and slowly stripping the wire. That turned out to be a TSB for the GX. After a few months, i receivrd a very nice letter and a call from some executive in japan thanking me and a voucher for $2k that i can use in any toyota/lexus. Even got a direct contact number if i need anything else. They probably save a lot $$ of parts and labor and glad i was the first one to report it early on. Granted its not as dire as the OPs case, i am sure it got fixed faster by going thorugh the right channel.

If you have their refusals in any form of document, hire a lemon law attorney.

I got two different answers. Service manager said he will order a new computer and get a loaner ready for us which was nice. However, someone else replied later and said to call jeep to see if they can do something for you and apologized as maybe this is not what we want to hear but it is the best path to take. Calling corporate now on hold. They say its dealership responsibility to fix and they talking to the dealer. Lets see what they say.

I wouldn’t play their game. Get your own (good) Lemon Law attorney and get what the law allows instead. I don’t think it’ll cost you a dime.

I would not go to the top. There are better options to get the result

@NY13

Thanks Ursus. Looks like they have old emails as they still have Sergio there. So the rep called dealership and they simply said the dealer will replace the whole fuse box and that should fix it. I think i will give it one more shot and if it fixes will attempt some claim of compensation, if not fixed will escalate it and for now i will just talk to a lemon law attorney and see what he/she says as recommended. Any other tips, please feel free to send them and always greatly appreciated.

Yeah, I noticed Sergio there also :slight_smile: But doesn’t mean that the other 2 contact emails are old.

The rep on phone said something about case management but was not sure what that meant but my case was not case management yet. Anybody know?

Talked to lemon law attorney and he said dont call corporate because they suspect they will flag the car and refuse to see it or say it cannot be recreated. Just tip of the day. Lets see if changing the whole computer fixes it.

Sergio is still working the phones and email from up above in hopes of a merger, with a little help from his new friends beyond the pearly gates.

Well if he is listening he better work a miracle. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sergio’s phone line is dead…

1 Like