Dealer has sent "Notice of Election to Rescind" after 1 month of lease signature

I took delivery of my new 2019 ACURA MDX leased through AFC. By the time I got home (about an hour later) I had 4 emails from Acura (NOT the dealership) Who were you making the payments to? I just read my entire lease. I am a NY resident with a NY lease and there is no right of recission clause in my lease. I have no idea whether yours was a good or great lease. Perhaps they figured the price on a bank with a high reserve and then found out they no longer had such a high reserve. I once had a client with a lease they had figured incorrectly (NY contract, CT resident) they screwed up the taxes. They asked him to sign a new contract which they mailed to him and he mailed back. The BUYER’S ORDER is a different story. They or you can cancel the deal…BEFORE delivery…NOT after! It is NOT a contract although the dealer would like you to think so. Have you received a bill from a bank for the 2nd payment?

Captive can decide not to fund it for whatever reason though. The contract is with them. Google search for “spot delivery” as one example.

I’m thinking OP figured it out and it’s nothing big. Since we haven’t seen an update. Now it’s all speculation

1 Like

Yeah but if you’re a lawyer, then they have to do the deal…

1 Like

Always wanted to be a lawyer as a kid. Glad I woke up.

1 Like

If op wants to add anything further, pm me.

Hi guys,

I wasn’t able to get back with an update earlier as I was travelling internationally. Now that I am back, I am posting this for everyone’s reference.

I contacted the dealership upon return to the US and I was told that there was a new contract that I had to sign because the Honda Clarity has a unique contract letter head that they were out of when I first leased the car.

I have now signed the contract on the correct Honda Clarity letter head, and I have been told that the issue should be resolved.

For reference,

Here is the letterhead of the first contract i signed.

Here are the details of the first contract I signed

Here is the letterhead of the second/updated contract i signed.

Here are the details of the second/updated contract I signed

I noticed numbers changed a bit but payment is still around the same.

2 Likes

Update provided by OP…problem has been resolved.