Deal Support: 2019 Audi E-Tron P+ @ new $579 Advertisement

Got this back from a dealer; I can’t get the math to add up in the calculator but they have confirmed the monthly amount as all-in after I asked.

MSRP: $78,370
Discount: $14,124
Subtotal: $64,245
IL TAX: $3,479 / 9.5% Monthly tax
Plates & Docs: $726
Down Payment includes first month payment & tax plates & docs
$8079 down payment
$ Monthly payment $636.95
12,000 miles
36 months

Here is the part I really need your help with, they then offered me:
$5000 down payment
$ Monthly payment $679
12,000 miles
24 months

Said it would be easy to renew if I wanted.

@HersheySweet @vhooloo thoughts?
(Edited for typing error)

What’s the residual on 24 vs 36? Either way those are both horrible offers. Don’t let the huge down blur your vision.

Best I initial offer I received here in CA for a 36/10 lease on a $75.4K MSRP P+ was $732 / mo (incl tax) with $3250 drive-offs.

With a huge tax rate, no loyalty and a recalcitrant dealer, there is not going to be a good etron deal for you. Pass.

New dealer, new offer (not sure if I should make another Deal Check post or not).

36/12
P+ w/ Cold, Driver assistance, interior prot, trunk cover, USB (bs)
RV @ 48%
MF @ 0.00173

$IL/Chicago Taxes suck; built into government fees. DAS is only taxes and fees.

Worth it or still pass? @HersheySweet @vhooloo

Do MSDs, separate out marketing allowance.

Tell dealer B to beat dealer A’s quote, then ask B to do the same and then keep repeating until they offer you a lease for a penny with a nickel down.

Ok, doesn’t work like this but there is potential to sharpen the pencil.

My dealer in NE Ohio just quoted me $20,000 for a one pay lease. 12k/36 months. Equates to $555 a month.

1 Like

Nice one @SignMD. Can you post the quote details, if any, and dealer, if possible?

Take it. That’s a great deal on any trim or tax rate. Although using MSDs might be better cash flow wise (you’re basically putting a 22k deposit on the car for 3 years, paying it over three years at a more expensive rate may be better, for you investment and deal wise.