DEAL Request 2024 Porsche Macan S

Hi All - we ordered a new 2024 Porsche Macan S and it’s ready for pickup tomorrow.

This will be replacing our 2021 Macan S lease from the same dealership.

Msrp is $93,000.

What kind of deal would be realistic? Looking for 36 months, 10k miles, wheel and tire package, just drive offs.

Many thanks!!

If you have not negotiated before ordering then you are at their mercy.

4 Likes

Crystal Ball GIF by Fall Out Boy

Did you order it thru the best poorsche salesman
Hello my name is Samuel come see at Beverly hills poooooorsche

3 Likes

hey I like his videos :smile: guy sells some nice vehicles

1 Like

Calculator is completely useless if you’re guessing the numbers. OP knows next to nothing about the deal by the sounds of it, other than what the car is.

He can go thru the video and figure out what numbers he needs to get to put together a target payment for his vehicle. But yeah he is going to make his salesguy very happy today.

At a minimum he knows MSRP and can find MF and RV to at least have an idea.

The only thing that’s realistic is what you’ve negotiated.

Yup. No better place to start than by computing a target deal. Everything else is a shot in the dark.

With that said, on a custom order, the negotiation time passed months ago before the order was placed.

He may also have some equity in his 21. The RV is probably around $47-48k and 21 CPO sell for $54-57k. MMR can also be around $46-48k, depending on mileage.

1 Like

Two realistic options for you since you’re not prepared:

1. Research your target deal with what’s available on LH and reach an agreement with dealer quickly

2. Walk away from your order

Even with orders, the deal is usually locked down beforehand.

Good luck!

1 Like

The levers you have:

1. Discount off MSRP on the new Macan
  2. Equity on your '21 lease (trade in value minus residual value on lease). Before you go the dealership, at a minimum get some trade-in quotes from some online folks (caravan, carmax, autonation) and see if those quotes are greater than your lease residual. If they are, then that is your baseline lease equity
  3. Money Factor on the new lease.
  4. No dealer add-ons - warranties, protections, etc. they’re generally a massive ripoff and could be purchased elsewhere for a fraction of the cost if you really want it.

#1 and #2 are the big ones.

Edit: A $93k msrp Macan S is a relatively high MSRP build. so that gives you leverage. There’s a bit more profit margin in there than a typical Macan S and it’s generally going to be more difficult to sell a higher spec car if you don’t buy it.

My brand ambassador says, “Never do a Porsche lease return.” I suggest selling the car. Obviously, your dealer is potential buyer but definitely shop the car around.
3%-6% off the MSRP is realistic for special orders. Make sure the dealer doesn’t mark up the already insane MF=.0038. That’s about all you can do with Porsche lease. Macan addictions are costly vices.

Meh, not crazy high… that’s about right once you add all of the basic goodies. A new Macan S is also not too difficult of a sale, unless its an ugly color combo.

Also because PFS typically offers 12 month pull-aheads

Yes…but I don’t think that was his point. It was more of a warning. I didn’t ask him to explain further.

Yea not crazy high but vast majority of Macan S on the lot will be in the 80’s. Once you start to creep to $100k you’re in GTS territory. Also right now pretty sure that Macan Base or S are a tough sell at MSRP. There’s no shortage of them in stock on lots – my nearby dealer has 20 Macan S’s.

That’s true. I think the dealers keep the options to a minimum for retail units. If a person wants a crazy spec, they usually just order one (and get exactly what they want)

Yeah, but that’s how the Porsche game has always worked. It’s why it’s nearly impossible to spec one out and be frugal. There’s always the danger of “well, for this little bit more i can’t get into the next level”