Deal on 2020 audi q5 premium plus

, ,

hi. i just leased a 2020 audi q5 premium plus in NJ. In retrospect, i think the deal is not good but i want to have an idea of how bad it is…just for my own knowledge. i was a bit over zealous in signing because i liked the car so much. this is the third Q5 we have leased. we had 4 months left on the old lease and turned it in early (was paying 595 for the prem plus with audi care).
so here are the details of new lease. msrp 50925. 36 mo/10k at $650/month. cash at signing 2000 plus first month (2650). other details: rebate 1250. cap cost reduction 1456. lease acquisition fee 895. doc fee 649. residual 28518. idk if this is all the pertinent detail. i will include other elements i see on the contract. total gross cap cost 51535 and agreed upon value of vehicle 49326. rent charge 1839. sorry if this is all over the place… finance is not my forte! just looking for some honest input so i know how to proceed next time around. thanks very much!

The biggest issue here is that your sales price was $49326 for a $50925 MSRP vehicle. That’s a very poor dealer discount compared to what people have been able to negotiate.

Next time, you’ll want to spend a lot more time researching comparable deals and really working on that discount before incentives.

thanks for your input!

Why the rush to get into a new lease 4 months out? Did they roll your remaining payments into your new lease? Your new deal is pretty bad, IMO.

The total cost of your lease is $26,050 (($650×36) + $2650). Did you put down an additional $1456 (cap coat reduction) at lease signing?

they told us we were 2k miles over and we didnt want to push it for 4 more months. we were not. they lied to the point where i knew i had a 3.5 yr lease and insisted that they double and triple check and they came back with no…u def have a 39 mo lease. we were actually 5 miles below. we put down 2650 (2000 and 650 first month). i am not sure what you mean by the 1450 but we put down nothing more than that 2650. and as far as the remaining months they said they “forgave” them, not rolled them in but now i am doubting everything they said

Do you mind posting a copy of your contract, blurring out any personal information?

Regarding down payment/cap cost reduction.

i am trying to reply or pm you with the images but it is telling me they are file too large to upload…gonna ask my kids to help me l

image image image image

uggh. sorry. i know these are illegible. i dont have a paper copy. all the docs given to me on a flash drive

Type snipping into windows search and use the snipping tool to take screen shots of the info and then simply copy and paste them in here.

Don’t sweat it. I would suggest reading leasing 101 before signing your next lease. If something does not make sense when reviewing any paperwork, don’t sign.

1 Like

I just went into my dealer last night in NJ. I asked for 10% off the price. They’re making my last 2 payments of 689.00 as well. I was wondering if it was a good deal or not myself.

At first glance it seems high. What MF are they charging? What does edmunds say for mf/rv/incentives?