Deal Closed: 2021 BMW X5

Hackers – Thanks for all your feedback, support, and advice over the last few weeks. Closed on the ride this evening. Going to donate to the community to support the broader cause.

I almost walked away since the dealer was not budging on the $199 VIN etching .

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2021 X5 with M Sport, Premium, Parking Assistance, & Luxury seating options.
MSRP: $74,045
Monthly Payment: $876 (rolled everything in)
Drive-Off Amount: $0
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10,000
MF: 0.00047; Base rate: 0.00082
Residual: 55%
Incentives: $500 + $750 Corporate
Region: Northeast/NJ
Leasehackr Score: 7.8
Leasehackr Calculator Link:

There are a couple of other cars that I was working on and the deals are decent. If you are in the market for a X5, ping me and I’ll point to the vehicles where discount can be similar if they are still on the lot. For builds, going through a broker is probably best. @nyclife just offered 11.5% off on builds which IMO is awesome…

4 Likes

I’m guessing the VIN etching is from one of the Open Road locations. :slight_smile: Enjoy your new car.

Lol @Batistuta, forgot to share the part where I got berated for declining tire and wheel coverage, “its ok if you cannot afford it, we get it, we always advise it for 20” wheels”

4 Likes

I got it. Never used it.

What a clown :grinning: :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Wtf. That is so condescending. Enjoy your new car.

3 Likes

I hate open road. I went there once for service and never again. The drive down to Freehold/Bridgewater is worth it for the better experience.

1 Like

Wow, this is not a service I would expect leasing a $70k+ car. Did you ask him what is their cut in selling you a wheel coverage? I would also add that people who buy this coverage are not able to afford out of pocket expense in case of a damage… not the other way around.

I would seriously make them to pay for that stupid coverage or just canceling the deal at that point.

2 Likes

Review worthy but don’t mess up the survey as Im sure the finance guy said this but not sales guy.
On the other hand, Congratulations !

2 Likes

Recently bought an X5 at an Open Road dealer for 11% pre incentive. Told the salesman up front not to bother me with any aftersales BS and he listened. They were actually short staffed so I didn’t even sit with an F&I person, salesman did all the paperwork.

They wouldn’t waive the VIN etching , but I was happy with the discount, $199 doesn’t kill the deal.

Why not mention it on the survey? That is part of the buying experience… and that is what the survey is about. The total dealership/purchase experience.

I was told by my salesperson that unlike Merc, BMW does NOT send out a post close survey to buyer.

I think what they really said was “we aren’t confident you’re going to give us a good rating, so we are going to type in a fake email address so it doesn’t go to you”

7 Likes

For better or for worse, the survey process significantly effects the compensation of people involved. Dinging the survey for the F&I guy being an ass takes a lot of money out of the pocket of the salesman, who already isn’t making much on the deal. Think of it as not tipping your waiter because someone in the parking lot cut you off.

7 Likes

After you said that I started looking back through my email. I’ve leased 2 BMW’s in the last 10 months and I could have sworn I did a survey on each. But what happened was I got an email from BMW on one of them asking if they could call me about my experience. I replied yes and it was basically a phone survey. I did not get it on the other BMW. So it must be random.

I would make it very clear it was the Finance person, not the salesman.

It doesn’t make any difference. You can write that until you’re blue in the face and the salesman is still going to get dinged. It’s a deeply flawed process

3 Likes

So what is a customer’s recourse in that situation? Walk away from the deal and tell the salesman that their finance guy is a d!*k?

Depends on the quality of your deal and how dramatic you want to be. Walking away is certainly within your rights and would hurt the salesman a lot less than a bad survey. If the deal is really hard to replicate, you’d have to weigh your pride vs your time. I’d at least consider leaving reviews on yelp/google/etc outlining the good and the bad.

1 Like

Right…if it were some sort of fantastic deal that I know I’d have a hard time replicating, I’d probably suck it up and just be a smart ass right back to the F & I guy. If it were a so so deal I’d just walk and politely tell the manager why I’m walking away from the deal. If people don’t have the guts to walk away from bad behavior it will never be corrected.

2 Likes