Deal check- XC40 in Texas

Hi Everyone,

I’m trying to negotiate a lease on an XC40. Using the Leasehackr Calculator, and based on testimonials from other members, I believe my monthly payments should be around $370:

But the dealer laughed at that number. Here are the figures he gave me:

Wondering how we could be so far apart on the monthly payment. Thank you for your help!

Post your calculator link, I suspect you did the taxes wrong

@kp2020 How is anyone supposed to know what your calculations is based on? For sure taxes aren’t $8 in TX.

Thanks Joe, here it is:

You get 11% off before incentives (I think it’s $1,500 in the South), how much more do you want? Confirm MF.
$500 goes to rebates (tax is on full sales price)

6.25% of the purchase price

Texas doesn’t tax the rebate

Moved $500 to untaxed rebates

i actually don’t think this is a bad deal, given the inventory situation, assuming it’s as bad there as it is in the NE.

I’m not saying it either. 11% is great right now, but TX taxes killing it. He can also do MSDs and verify the MF

I just checked edmunds. .00007 MF on the t4 mom. I’m in the process of negotiating one for the child.

1 Like

Inventory is not bad here. The local volvo shop in San Antonio has 35. Every dealer in DFW has that or more.

OP, keep digging. You can get a lot better. I’m already creeping up on -25% MSRP post incentives. Different level of kit, but still…

Then @kp2020’s MF marked up and RV is wrong for 10k - should be 56%

Yes, @kp2020 should be seeing what this guy on edmunds received.