Deal Check Tundra etc etc

The same one everyone is looking at Crewmax 4WD

MSRP: 50500
Discount: 46949 (7%)
Rebate: 5000
“Upfront cost”: 435
First month due at signing: 444

Total DAS: 879

Of course my calculator numbers aren’t matching up with what they showed me. Their $444 monthly is $30 more than what the calc says with the exact same numbers. This is through TFS, apparently the .00265 MF doesn’t move at all. The new car sales manager and the finance person said they’ve never heard of MSDs before. They also said they signed up with Ally a few months ago but haven’t used them yet. Apparently the finance person tried calling them three times. They couldn’t get anyone on the phone while I was there?? I’m being given the run around. I’m well aware, and now I’m sort of pissed. When I brought up the idea in the first half hour that Ally may have a higher RV the sales manager left to go “check” and came back to say that Ally’s RV for the trim is around 45%. I literally laughed at him. Ugh, really lives up to the car salesman trope. Anyway I’m a healthcare worker so I went right after work in my scrubs and I’m a female so…anyway.

I don’t like the 444, tbh. I know these $200-250 deals aren’t really feasible now and honestly I was looking to be at around $350 a month all in—no MSDs if I didn’t have to. Being $100 over kind of sucks. I ended up just telling them to make it happen if they could and that I knew I was asking them to squeeze blood from a turnip, but I believe there’s juice left (lol). Apparently they’re going to try Ally again tomorrow and learn more about MSDs??? Then call me. I told them I’m ready to sign if they can get their shit together (in a nicer way of course). This is one of two Toyota dealerships in town. We can’t do out of state leases due to workplace restrictions and calling around this great Cajun state has yielded even dimmer prospects. Wish me luck, guys…I’m going to need it.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Which fees are padded?

Keep it all in one thread.