Deal Check: Stelvio Ti

What’s going on with stelvio leasing? Looking back on these posts they seemed to lease well below msrp. I have gotten quotes from multiple dealers but they seem very high. Maybe I’m naive here…

5Ok msrp marked for 47.k
36/12
No money down
Residual is about 24k.
780 a month. Same load different dealer 660.

Seems like in the end I’d be paying over msrp even accounting for tax.

Signed: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

Looks like there is only 1k in incentives right now. Residual value isn’t great on these either. Without a big discount on selling price I can’t see a good deal on one of these. MF is low on a 36 month term so that’s not the problem.

I’m assuming the dealers marked price of 47k is including the incentives. Which means they’re giving you less than 5% in discount which doesn’t seem great on an Alfa.

The 660 deal puts you closer to 8% off MSRP. Is that in line with what your research has shown for this model?

The deals on the Stelvio have been outrages lately, there’s a reason that alfa deals are gone from the forum.

2 Likes

Makes sense. They aren’t discounting the MSRP enough to makeup for the RV like they were a year ago it seems. Nice car but not for a lease…unless I can get one when the 22s come out. Better off looking at other cars in its class that lease better. Thanks!

They don’t have to discount them when there aren’t that many out there, and people are still buying them. 100% seller market

Yes, I returned my lease of three years ago from when they were taking $10,000 off sticker and jacking up residual. They now offered me a payment, same terms, of $300 more per month with loyalty. Yikes!

1 Like

Jesus these are $700:mo now? I’d prob buy a preowned quadrafolio with a warranty for that.

I had one of these for under $400/mo and it’s looks great but drove like shit.

2 Likes

They came back in the US in what 2017? Seems like this won’t end well if loyalty gets you double the price for the same car. Like the car but will look at others others in the class as they will lease better even loaded.

Look through the Share a Deal section on here to see what people have been able to obtain lately. While I’m certain you can find something in that class for sub $700 / monthly you may be disappointed to see what the “deals” are these days.

What are the chances of driving an Alpha home from the dealership without it breaking down? You have to be nuts to own/lease one

lol. I think the 2020s have a better reliability now from what I read. But, funny enough when I was test driving I saw a new one w plates on a flatbed going into the garage…

I noticed you put NJ, have you reached out to Gold Coast Alfa Romeo? Looking at their online promotion, they’re doing a Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti for mid $4’s with no money down.

I know dealer promo’s aren’t worth it but it seems to be a lower starting ground from where you are

1 Like

thanks a lot. I will take a look!

What’s that giant asterisk have in it?

2 Likes

24 months, 10,000 miles MSRP of $50,205. Closed end lease subject to Tier-1 Credit approval. Lease Option Requires 1st months payment of $479 plus tax, bank fee of $995, title/registration, dealer fees. Lease End Purchase Option $24,600.45 Must qualify for Conquest Bonus Cash or FCA Owner Loyalty Rebate.

At least one thing is off in that fine print. They’re saying this is a 24 month lease, but the ‘Lease End Purchase Option’ which should represent the residual comes out to about 49%. Based on the Edmunds sources, 24/10 should be a 61% residual. Even using the right residual and MF from Edmunds, playing around in the calculator it looks like this would have to be discounted around 10k or 20% to get to a 0-down payment like that - seems very hard to believe in this market.

It’s 4800 (inc 1st month) down and 479 a month. Still puts the 24 month at a discount based on residual of 24.6. The 36 month is at msrp. Looks like a good opportunity if you wanted to lease then buy but I wouldn’t do that with an Alfa.

Where do you see 4800 down? Looks fairly straightforward from their fine print, looks like they have high inventory and need to clear.

I reached out. I think its tax on sale of car + 1st month + dealer fee + bank fee etc.

Check my numbers but I don’t see how they get this number without doing 28% off MSRP. I assumed zero APR and zero taxes just to make it easier (any APR would only increase the MSRP discount).

Am I missing anything?