Deal Check: SQ5 in MA

Hello Hackers,

Thanks in advance for your help to a noob. Below is a proposed deal. I am of the opinion that deal is not nearly as aggressive as it should be, and I am not inclined to sign. I intent to negotiate the total cost from current $23.3 to “not to exceed” $21.5K (or normalized $597, incl tax, or 0.95% MSRP).

Am I off my rocker?
Thanks

Car: SQ5, P+
MSRP $63050 Known
Term 36/10 Known
Selling Price $57,550 ?Guesstimate
Add-on $1,000 AudiCare
Residual 61% ?Guesstimate
Money Factor 0.001 ?Guesstimate
Drive-off $3,960 Known
Monthly $552 Known, Incl. 6.25% tax
Cost of Lease $23,282 Known (552*35)+3960
Normalized cost $646/mo. ($23,282/36), or 1.026% MSRP

To help you we need those “guesstimates” to be accurate. Also the discount seems weak on the SQ5.

Too much drive off, no to money down and yes to MSDs.

Is this an offer or a deal you plan to propose? Having just guesstimates for all those numbers offers us very little to help you with.

A couple things here… 1st of all, @VirginiaBeacher, you gotta chill with constantly sharing that deal as if it’s gonna be achievable for each and every member. It’s an unusually good deal, which also included loyalty.

Secondly, @S3LTZER, your guessed numbers are way off. The RV for 36/10 is 54% and the MF is nowhere near .001. Not sure why you’re just guessing these numbers. Which also makes me curious why you think $597/month is a good price? Where did you just pull that number from?
And I know I keep saying this, but the 1% rule is cute an all, but it’s an arbitrary made-up fairy tale that doesnt apply across the board.

3 Likes

Why would I chill with that, you can use that as a guide? Why not use that so they can read the comments about his deal? And I got a little more than that off mine but mine was 2 months ago without loyalty and that ones more recent. So why wouldn’t you want them to read it to learn?

1 Like

Why don’t we all get along :slight_smile: To reiterate, I am a newbie here, and I intend to rely on your experience. I do qualify for loyalty program as I do have another Audi in the household. I will go back to the dealer to move the guesstimates to knowns.
Thanks again

Wait for @Siejammy

He’s the MA SQ5 guy

1 Like

Find out the RV and MF for the SQ5 in your region. Input them into the calculator. Find out what discount needs to be to meet your target price. Then go and negotiate the sell price you want. No needs for all these guesstimates.

You don’t have to guestimate, the residual is 54% and the MF is .00029. You should post up on Edmunds to confirm the incentives for the MA area…it seems to vary from $1500 - $2K from what I can tell -

You want to be at 12% before rebates…someone else in MA got 15% so it is possible but you will have to work for it. Also add MSDs if you can. For Audicare, add 1% to the residual and the cost into your sales price in the calculator.

You probably won’t get the highest discount on the color and options you want either, Murphy’s law(and why I drive a black car)

Thanks everyone for your comments and criticisms of incomplete numbers. Included below are updated terms with previously missing numbers filled in. “Deal or No Deal?”

Car: SQ5, P+
MSRP $62,945 Known
Term 36/10 Known
Discount $7,820 Known
Rebate $2,500 Known
Selling Price $52,625 Known
Add-on $999 AudiCare
Residual 55% Known (1% added for Audicare)
Money Factor 0.00029 Known
Drive-off $3,960 Known
Monthly $538 Known, Incl. 6.25% tax
Cost of Lease $22,790 Known (538*35)+3960
Normalized cost $633mo. ($2,790/36), or 1.01% MSRP

What’s included in drive off. Did you consider MSDs?

Comment withdrawn.

Did you end up getting the SQ5? Cause those numbers look better, I would have seen about MSD.

I would have negotiated for a lower price on Audi Care also worst they can say is no.

VirginiaBeacher,
Yes, I did get an sq5 p+, total cost of the lease is $22.5k for 36/10 and audicare baked in. Effective monthly cost (normalized) is $625. Leashackr forums were helpful.
Regards
A

1 Like