Deal Check - Mazda CX-90 PHEV

Here is quote I received for 24 CX-90 PHEV Preferred. 30 month/10K for $496 monthly. SoCal dealer north of LA.

MSRP $52,540.00
Selling Price $51,095.00
Rebate $7,500.00
Sale Price $43,595.00
Total Savings + Rebates $8,945.00
Government Fee $656.87
Proc/Doc Fee $85.00
Residual Value $35,727.20
Adjusted Cap Cost $41,726.19
Total Due at Signing $4,058.00

First timer here, but ran thru the Calculator and seems like I could/should do better. Any advice or guidance appreciated!

Love the website…easy to burn a couple hours reading though.

East coast broker doing $495 first month DAS. That big of a difference between SoCal and east coast? Looks like your discount can be bigger. Post your calculator that would help.

There can be on Mazdas. We bought a CX-5 (diff model, I know) earlier this year, and the same broker (highly rated here) was offering substantially diff discounts for East vs. West coast.

OP, the CX-90 has been discussed a fair amt here, so also check Signed! deals. My vague impression is that 24 mos seemed to be more of the sweet spot (presumably b/c the rebate gets amortized over a shorter duration).

Here is what the calculator spit out:

PRE-TAX MONTHLY PAYMENT: $365
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $398
DAS: $1,822
TOTAL COST: $13,700
EFFECTIVE MONTHLY COST: $457
LEASEHACKR SCORE: strong text10.5 years

The MF it populated was 0.00101 - is this something I need to tweak or is this from Mazda?

Ok good to know, but the LH approach is to research this site to find out what the target deal is and then make offer, not to just get quotes from dealers.

1 Like

Can you post the link to your calculator? You need to find out residual and mf from Edmunds or be a Super Supporter.

Got it. The last signed deals that were similar seem to be from August timeframe. Still valid?

Here’s an approximate calculator, you need to find money factor and fill out your tax rate and make sure your DAS lines up by adjusting down payment.

These are hot cars and selling quick. Looks like that’s an invoice deal. I think that’s a totally fair deal!! Try and shop Mazda Santa Maria too. They are very aggressive on pricing as well plus they are family owned and actually care about what they do.

I haven’t checked sales figures myself, but I live in LA and have maybe seen 2 or 3 CX-90s total. Autotrader has over a 100 CX-90s in stock with 25 miles of me.

I see a ton of CX-5s and CX-30s.

Maybe other parts of the country are different, but my own impression is that, at least in LA (I don’t know where OP is based in S. California), CX-90s are not very common.

Depends on whether the same buy rate MF, RV, and rebates apply. Posting a link to your calculator, as @sharksfan15 suggested, would be helpful

I also forgot that not all proposed deals will make it to Signed!

Here is some more recent data:

MF should be around 0.00329 these days.

Probably not that popular in so cal cause…Teslas. Cx-90 fits into the sweet spot Tesla doesn’t cover. I need bigger than Y, but am not going to pay X prices and it really isn’t practical. I am also not ready for full EV given my charging situation.

Anyway, that deal doesn’t seem great.

Here is mine:

My deal mid September in SoCal:

Premium PHEV
MSRP: 54350
Selling Price After Discount: 52053
Got the 7500 deal
Residual: 39675 (73%)

24/12k

$605/mo inclusive of all fees, taxes, dmv, etc
0 down aside from first months payment of 605

All in price: 14,520

Put zero down and get your monthly payment as close to MSRP divided by 10, inclusive of taxes.

Good luck! The CX-90 is AWESOME. Zoom zoom

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.