Deal Check M340i

Austin dealership, but registering vehicle in Ohio. Not sure where I may have wiggle room, but I feel like I could do better. $2000 in incentives (1000 conquest, 1000 lease cash) Thoughts?(let me preface that this is my first time negotiating)

Update: I got a full breakdown. MF is marked up.

Why’s that?

Does this seem high because the discount isn’t there? The mf is marked up? Incentives are missing?

2 Likes

Maybe not enough discounted pre-incentives?

11.5% on an m340i seems pretty good to me if it’s at buy rate.

Are they including TX taxes in that number?

2 Likes

I was told the rate does include tax. Was considering doing 1K down and he told me 615 payment would be with tax. ($1615 would be due at signing)

Didn’t think I’d see that being uttered around here. But yeah, in the current market this is accurate.

1 Like

Texas tax or Ohio tax? Big difference, need more of a break down

With it being registered in Ohio, would think should be Ohio tax? Will get confirmation.

It should be Ohio tax, but it is worth confirming they did this correctly instead going into autopilot and building it with TX tax.

I’m looking at a 2020 in mineral white from the same exact dealership. I truly think we can get more than 11% off the base MSRP for these. They’ve been sitting on the lot for a while…I countered and asked for 20% off and to have itemized statement of pre incentive discount, cap cost, etc.

Tag team them? :joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I wouldn’t put anything down unless you consider MSDs. There’s better ways to burn your money than a down payment.

If you can get 20% pre-incentive and no rate markup out of an Austin BMW dealer, I have a job for you.

1 Like

I doubt we will get close to that but aim small miss small :joy:

I have been in sales for a while :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Asking for 20% off is a great way to have your email thrown in the recycle bin.

4 Likes

If I can talk them down more on the MSRP it would be a dream. I’ll ask for a full breakdown to better understand how they’re calculating the final payment. Thanks

1 Like

You could get a better deal from brokers here on LH. These are some reputable BMW brokers I know @IAC @Bacons_C.C @nextlevelautobrokers @avocautos

3 Likes

Probably on an initial email with no rapport lol, don’t see why you can’t ask for more once the exchanging of offers starts. The answers always no unless you ask, not like were expecting to get 20%.

Shooting for 15ish obviously… no reason that 2020 loner/demo can’t be a low high 400 to low 500s. Especially if it’s been sitting on the lot… whole point of lease hacking lol.

This is a whole different discussion. Shooting for 15% on a demo and asking for 20% on a new one are worlds apart.

2 Likes

Yes the one I asked for that on has 800+ miles and is 433 days old lol.

I’m assuming the OPs is in a similar situation with these Austin dealers.

1 Like

Considering that’s one of the most asked for BMW sedans at the moment…

I’m not saying that someone shouldn’t try, but don’t act surprised when you get ghosted. Try to target damage disclosure cars.

1 Like

Yeah I’m shocked tbh but didn’t want to deal with the back and forth ness of haggling too much. Leasehackr has been a font of knowledge tho

Worst case if a deal doesn’t happen it’s time for a broker :grinning:.

Damage disclosure cars?

1 Like