Deal check- Is this a good lease? Wrangler

Hey friends, can you please help me with this lease offer tell me if it’s a good deal

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara (custom build)
MSRP: $57000
Selling Price: 57000
Monthly Payment: $742
Due at signing/down: $0
Months: 48
Annual Mileage: 15000
Region: Northeast

Thanks in advance

No, definitely not.

4 Likes

just for reference- so this deal up here from the same dealership could have looked like this as well:

Monthly Payment: $659
Due at signing/down: $3000
Months: 48
Annual Mileage: 15000

Another offer from another dealership looked like this:

Monthly Payment: $820
Due at signing/down: $3000
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10000

Those all suck

Go check out the 4xe threads here

2 Likes

Thank you, I’ve read all the 4xe threads, and those leases are wildly better because of the 7500 credit they’re offering up front plus additional incentives. We’re not interested in a 4xe

They’re also wildly better because they’re not at full msrp.

3 Likes

I appreciate your suggestion about the 4xe, but we’re not looking at 4xe’s. What I’d like to get more feedback on is if at that MSRP if this is a reasonable deal. Obviously the selling price of the gas is much higher than the 4xe.

Read the 4xe threads for all the discussion on what to sign up for to get a wrangler at substantially below msrp. Doesn’t just apply to 4xes.

At that msrp, this is not a reasonable deal.

2 Likes

If you’re in New England feel free to PM me and I’ll do much better for you

1 Like

messaged you, thanks

do you know anyone that can help me in the mid-atlantic region? thanks

@Clutch
Not in the midatlantic, but even with shipping added, you’d save thousands.

3 Likes

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

We always recommend the following method before you ever contact a dealership. If you do all of the work up front, you’ll have a stress free dealer experience and set yourself for success.

1. Read Leasing 101 (Blog | LEASEHACKR) to understand how to calculate a lease payment and the variables. Monthly payment is an output, not an input!!
  2. Pick a specific vehicle that you want to target
  3. Gather the current MF, RV and incentives from Edmunds forums for your zip code
  4. Research the LH marketplace and other deals that have been made recently on your vehicle - what was their pre-incentive discount? How did their lease terms differ?
  5. Plug your numbers into the LH calculator (CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR), and use a pre-incentive discount similar to what you have seen
  6. Create a target deal, this is what you’re trying to negotiate to. You can try different terms, selling price discount, etc. and see how your monthly payment is affected. It is also possible that different trims of your vehicle may have different MF and RV (i.e. this is very common with GM), so make sure that you look into that. Come up with a set of inputs that give you the output that you want - your desired monthly payment.

With a target price determined, you now have a deal to pursue and compare dealer offers against. More importantly, you have a solid foundation to work from.

2 Likes

You can literally click a button and get a better deal than what you are being offered on Rodo, but it’s still a bad lease.

1 Like

Thank you @mllcb42

I’ve landfilled the 4xe discussion. Don’t want to see this turn into a battle over models. OP has been very clear what this thread is about, so let’s stick to that.

That’s fair enough but I think most people mentioning the vehicle that shall not be named are referring to it as a sub model or trim level, rather than an entirely different vehicle. When the average Audi help seeker comes around asking for help with an atrocious Prestige trim quote it would be negligent to not suggest the Premium Plus trim and explain what makes it a better deal. They seem set on what they want though so hopefully they find a deal they are happy with.

5 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.