Deal Check - Honda Odyssey EXL (FL)

I’ve have been looking to upgrade my Honda Odyssey and come across a finance deal for a Odyssey EXL, and I’m curious to hear your thoughts on whether it’s a good offer.

Here are the details:

Car Details:

• Model: Honda Odyssey EX-L (Grey with Black Leather interior)
  • MSRP: $42,955
    *Option Added: Dealer’s protection package $4276 (Tint, weather matts, splash guard, wheel locks, paint protection coating, VIN itch, theft detection and 2 year maintain services)

I’m getting the offer for 46595 (Out the door price with my trade in - which they value 4500 (2007 Odyssey - everything works and 135k miles)

(They added following fees to make the deal. $899 dealer fee, 570 tag and title, 2800 tax and 85 some other fee and bring back the final figures to me 44595.

Considering the provided information, what do you think of these options?
\Would you recommend any other alternatives or factors to consider?
I appreciate your insights and experiences in honda Odyssey deals.

Destination is already included in the msrp. If theyre adding this on as a fee, theyre double charging.

1 Like

What did you value it at is the question. Anything with 4 wheels and operational these days is worth more than 4500.

1 Like

They bring back some change and now its $45846

How is anyone on here supposed to know what those random numbers are? Why not show the whole sheet?

Good lord run! Odyssey can be had for 2-3 k below MSRP without needles add ons. Also price out your old car separate with some online buyers to make sure you are getting a fair price

1 Like

Thanks. Here are the details.

Unable to find a good offer
KBB shows 2300-2600 (Good condition)
Dealer saying we are giving double the price for trade-in so you getting all the options free. :slight_smile:

List of places to sell or value your car online?

Highly doubt that if everything works and be such a small offers

Both deals sound bad! Move on if you haven’t signed anything yet. Your old car is def. worth more than $4.5k also the add on package on the new vehicle is pretty useless.

2 Likes

Whats the msrp on the car? Not the mvsp

1 Like

Any “protection packages” added by the dealer and capitalized as part of total costs are a rip off. They are playing with the equation by inflating your trade in allowance to hide inflated dealer add ons. Push them to remove add ons.

Have you gotten quotes for other dealers in your area/county/state? Getting a better sense available deals will help you structure a better realistic offer that a dealer will be inclined to work on with you. The deal posted above would be a no-go for me. You can get the tiny, weather mats etc. yourself for atleast third of that cost.

Honda MSRP $41,905 (as per the window sticker before dealers addons)
(Tint, weather matts, splash guard, wheel locks, paint protection coating, VIN itch, theft detection and 2 year maintain services)

That’s nasty. Are these still being marked up by this much?

I believe every dealer have only 2-3 minivan and they want to make money on these.
BTW, I walked out. My final offer was $43000 (Out the door with my trade in, I did go little high because just want to end the hunt)