Deal Check Honda Accord Sport 1.5T 2020

Hello all! I’m fairly new to this forum but after doing some research I finally reached out to a Honda dealership for a lease quote. My ideal monthly payment is around $250, however I’m not quite sure how to negotiate the price closer to my target. Any advice? I will attach the quote/ breakdown of what the dealership emailed me.

1 Like

It looks like a pretty even deal (no gross in it) from the dealership. It is solid however there are like 30 other dealerships around if you have the time and patience for it. I don’t think you’re getting to $250/month though.

What cars do you currently have in the household?

My lease on a 2018 Mercedes Benz is coming up in March. My family has 2017 Toyota Camry and a 2005 Honda Accord.

I still have time to look around and contact other dealerships, but I wanted to make sure my request is also a reasonable amount to negotiate on. I previously saw another post within this forum regarding the same car with the same terms except their MF was lower then what the current value is now. Also, their DAS seems way lower in comparison to what I was quoted. Not sure what amount/ input I can negotiate on to replicate the same deal. So I figured I’d ask the experts (:

Yes unfortunately the .00049 MF on Accords are el gone-o. That is Spanish for ‘gone’.

3 Likes

Lol yeah such a bummer!

What is this target based on?

$250 is very far from realistic

I can beat your current quote by about $20 a month, same structure

1 Like

Honda customers do not base targets on anything. (Sorry Vd - you’re in the right place. Just taking shots at customers in general)

3 Likes

I used another signed deal within the forum to approximate my ideal cost. I know the MF isn’t the same though. Here’s the post I was looking at…

https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/signed-2020-honda-accord-sport-1-5-t-210-mo-with-taxes-and-2k-tdas/294973?u=vd17

No worries! I’m open to any advice or critiques since I’m still researching and gauging what a reasonable price would be. Thank you for the inputs :slight_smile:

If you take the pre-incentive discount from that deal and apply the current programs as they apply to you, what do you get?

Does this place not have hard packs?

Based on what I read from that deal, they mentioned they did not qualify for any incentives… loyalty or grad. Yet, they still got the same selling price pre-incentives as me. The dealership quoted my selling price to include $1500 (manufacturer) $500 (CA resident) and $750 (loyalty) = $2750 into the discount.

How can their DAS be way lower than your quoted $0 DAS?

Let’s back up

From one of the standard replies:

We always recommend the following method before you ever contact a dealership. If you do all of the work up front, you’ll have a stress free dealer experience and set yourself for success.

1. Read Leasing 101 (Blog | LEASEHACKR) to understand how to calculate a lease payment and the variables. Monthly payment is an output, not an input!!
  2. Pick a specific vehicle that you want to target
  3. Gather the current MF, RV and incentives from Edmunds forums for your zip code
  4. Research the LH marketplace and other deals that have been made recently on your vehicle - what was their pre-incentive discount? How did their lease terms differ?
  5. Plug your numbers into the LH calculator, and use a pre-incentive discount similar to what you have seen
  6. Create a target deal, this is what you’re trying to negotiate to. You can try different terms, selling price discount, etc. and see how your monthly payment is affected. It is also possible that different trims of your vehicle may have different MF and RV (i.e. this is very common with GM), so make sure that you look into that. Come up with a set of inputs that give you the output that you want - your desired monthly payment.

With a target price determined, you now have a deal to pursue and compare dealer offers against. More importantly, you have a solid foundation to work from.

Now you have some of the info; a specific vehicle, a target pre-incentive discount, etc. Gather the rest and work out what you’re actual target should be.

1 Like

You’re going from a 2018 Mercedes into an Accord?

Cutting costs or what?

Don’t think you’ll be at $250 on a Sport. The $250 base Accord Sports died with the 9th gen.

Based on what I’ve seen here, you should be def be able to do better than what you’re offered. Check the forum and see what pre incentive discounts people have gotten. That should give you a foundation on where to start .

Yes, unfortunately times are tough and I need to cut back on the car payments. But thank you for the feedback!

Mercedes into an Accord is an upgrade! Mid-size Sedan KBB award activated.

5 Likes