2020 Q5 Premium plus, cold weather package, 20’ all season tires

3yr / 10000 miles

MSRP: 51,590
Sale: 46,431

RV: 27858.60
MF:0.00036%

Monthly: 589.55(incl tax)
Cash down: 2500.00

It looks high to me. I think I can get more sale discount and bring down MF. What do you all think?

Are there any Audi incentives going on right now?

————————
Edit 1 : updated numbers based on follow up

What does Edmunds forums have for MF and incentives?

Posted there right before this post…waiting on the details

You may want to look into an SQ5… I’m in Cali, just leased a P+, 62K msrp for 640 / month including tax - that monthly includes audicare and lease protection with $1500 DAS + max MSDs

I don’t think the Q5s lease well- feels like you can get a similar payment with a Q5e (fed EV incentives) or the SQ5 (higher residuals)

Your preincentive discount looks close to what you get from Costco (10%). I was able to get 11% but haven’t seen dealers on west coast go any higher

1 Like

Edmunds said .00036 MF, RV 53% and $ 750 incentive

Dealer was able to match all that and also bring down DAS to 1500.

It’s not my purchase and helping someone and they are happy with it and going forward with the order.

Thanks all.

Sorry new here and to leasing in general. What does DAS stand for and how to determine what is a good value for that? Also where to start with researching so I know if I am getting a good deal? I have been wanting to lease an Audi Q5 or Benz GLC 300 lately and have been getting insanely high lease offers of $800 + with $900-1000 /month with current chip shortage. Do you advise looking into a Toyota or something less costly instead or think it is possible to negotiate in this current market lower than what they are proposing? I ultimately want to put no money down and keep my payments around 500 or less a month. Please advise. thanks!

Lease programs are highly dependent on region, personal qualifications, tax rates, etc.

We always recommend the following method before you ever contact a dealership. If you do all of the work up front, you’ll have a stress free dealer experience and set yourself for success.

1. Read Leasing 101 (Blog | LEASEHACKR) to understand how to calculate a lease payment and the variables. Monthly payment is an output, not an input!!
  2. Pick a specific vehicle that you want to target
  3. Gather the current MF, RV and incentives from Edmunds forums for your zip code
  4. Research the LH marketplace and other deals that have been made recently on your vehicle - what was their pre-incentive discount? How did their lease terms differ?
  5. Plug your numbers into the LH calculator (CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR), and use a pre-incentive discount similar to what you have seen
  6. Create a target deal, this is what you’re trying to negotiate to. You can try different terms, selling price discount, etc. and see how your monthly payment is affected. It is also possible that different trims of your vehicle may have different MF and RV (i.e. this is very common with GM), so make sure that you look into that. Come up with a set of inputs that give you the output that you want - your desired monthly payment.

With a target price determined, you now have a deal to pursue and compare dealer offers against. More importantly, you have a solid foundation to work from.

Well nobody knows where you live and what the taxes are there, so a $500 budget could mean spending $500 on the actual car in a place with 0 taxes or it could mean $450 in a place with 10-11% monthly taxes.

Either way sounds pretty unrealistic in today’s environment, the latter obviously more so.

It’s a terrible time to lease in general. If you own something, keep it for the time being.