Deal Check: etron GT Prestige $1250/month in CA

Just some napkin math, but it was only maybe a 1-2k difference. Just do the same math you did before. Like others said there might not be too much of a difference so don’t expect anything significant, I would just do the terms that fit you the best if you somehow decide not to buyout the vehicle in the near future as a backup plan.

Remaining payments + residual + taxes - rent charge.

1 Like

Agreed but it’s only for 24 months (and it’s only the differential between rate op is getting to finance). Car could easily be underwater by a lot more.

Also I recall someone posting recently about new fees audi charges on buyouts. Op make sure you fully understand what those are/review contract before signing.

1 Like

Is buying used not an option here if the color combo is available. I think you’d be looking at somewhere in the 90s for a 2023 used prestige

Edit: never mind, did the math wrong.

Thanks for your help!
So if I buy out within 30 days, it looks like:
23*1300 + 67k 6k (+9% taxes) - 11k = 92k
I am also putting 6k down so overall cost is around 98k compared to around 92k (84k plus taxes) for buying outright. Not sure what I am missing

Thanks. That was my original question as well. If buying out will become more expensive due to all the fee

If you get the 10% off MSRP + $10k incentive for straight buyout, yeah then it seems to make sense

Makes sense…l will keep that in mind. Thanks!

You are right! If I buy out, I only get 10k incentive! Too much going on, forgot about that. Thanks for correcting!

Yeah the extra $7500 incentive is coming from Audi Financial Services, so you have to lease for that.

Also there could be a chance that the dealer might not honor 10% off if you mention upfront buyout. I’m not sure, but tread carefully after running your numbers! I hope they don’t go back on their word

I have written offer so I am hoping they don’t. Talked with another dealer who seems popular here :slight_smile: heading there, hopefully it all works out fine! Will update once I see the numbers. Thanks!

Signed the deal:
24mth/7.5K: $1250/month, 5k drive off ; Residual ~71k
Added Audi Care ($1100) and Audi Term Protection ($3k) which took monthly to $1250 instead of $1100

Since I intend to buy out the lease, Audi Term Protection (48 months, 40k miles) made sense (at least at the time, when I was exhausted and hungry!). I can take it out in next 30 days to bring down the payment to 1100 if I decide not to buy out or if it doesn’t seem worth it. The overall deal certainly seems better than what I had originally posted. Was offered 24 month/12k for 1200 with 5k down but went with 24 month/7.5k as was suggested by folks here.

How bad did I do!?! :slight_smile: Just checked that incentives and MF are better for June.

Really appreciate all the suggestions and help offered by folks here! I did whatever research I could online but dont think I would have gone through with this without the advice I got here!

I think you did ok. What was your final discount? I don’t see the point of the extra protection regardless if you buy or lease.

2 Likes

Discount was 12% off msrp.
Okay, I think I can’t take off Audi Care now.

Great job on the discount. It’s just the lower residual on the prestige that’s hurting you by about 100 a month.

1 Like

This is the one I would take off personally. Audi care is a wash/basically free bc of the 1% residual bump.

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice! Will take it off.

Since you are planning to pay off the car next month you should keep the term.

a lot cheaper that paying retail in the service dept in the Bay Area

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.