Deal Check: Custom Build 2021 BMW M550

Hey everyone. Have a BMW deal from a broker and dealer I wanted to vet through the group minds here, and see if I’m missing any opportunities to push for a better deal.

Notes: I’m in NY, so will have NY sales tax (8.625% usually), have a BMW lease now, so qualify for loyalty, and will get my BMW CCA rebate of $1k in the future, but am not calculating that into my deal. That’s “free money” for tints and mods in the future.

Would eventually take delivery in Mid/Late December or Early Jan, so there is some decent chance for EOY rebates to get better. But curious for your thoughts on the quality of the deal.

MSRP: 86,6xx
Discount: 10%
SP: $77,9xx
36 mo / 10k Miles
Residual - 57% or 58% - confirming with exact written quote for approval
MF - .00089
Rebates - $750 BMW Loyalty (signed up for UDE event in late October, but might not be able to make it all work)
NY Taxes
Transfer NY plates
Assorted Fees

Options for payments are:

1st payment at sign only - $1,096 per month, $1,096 @ sign
1st payment + Taxes / Fees - $928 per month , $4,928 @ sign (this includes dealer fees and NY taxes I believe, but am confirming with legit paperwork next week)

Build Specs:
Tanzanite II Blue
Black Nappa Leather
845M Black 19" rims
Fineline Ridge Trim
DAP +
Exec Pack
Park Assist Pack
M Sport Brakes w/Red Calipers
Front/Rear Heated Seats
Front Massage Seats
Front Ventilated Seats
Heated Steering Wheel

2 Likes

Monthly with msd’s?

Something doesn’t add up here.
Residual is 59%
I ran the numbers on a broker deal for an M550i custom build slot 9% off base mf (.00082)
I get $952 10k miles per year 1st pmt DAS.

btw Hoya Saxa! GU-MSB guy here.

Might as well go balls out and get an M5 if you’re in the 1k payment range

M5 is more like the $1200 pmt range at least (sign and drive broker deal)

Great to see another Hoya!

Looked at your calculator and I’m not sure about the $500 lease to lease and the $1000 you’ve got in there with what I’ve been told the available incentives are from the broker and BimmerPost. For a MY2021 M550, the only thing I know is available is the $750 loyalty. Everything else is for lower model G30 5 Series or other BMW models to my knowledge. (But I’d love to be wrong)

Regarding the residual, you might be right. I’m waiting on written paperwork to confirm everything, and am going off of what my broker told me quickly via email and on the phone. BimmerPost sticky has it at 58% for 36 mo / 10k miles on a MY2021 M550, but again - could be wrong pending formal paperwork.

This is the calculator I’ve been able to put together - though the numbers aren’t adding up exactly for me right now, and I’m not sure why. (I’m sorta shit at this online calculator tool) Also not sure what your $-4k down payment number is for?

To the other person who replied, there are no MSDs involved in the deal as it’s currently structured.

1 Like

M5’s are in the $1,200 - $1,400 payment range for the specs I’ve looked at and quoted with dealers and brokers.

Trying to keep to a somewhat reasonable upgrade in payment from my 2018 440xi lease that is coming due this fall. (Got hosed on that deal with some shit credit history and being a younger buyer, and paid like $698 a month)

Honestly reach out @nextlevelautobrokers for the M550.
That was his link, so the numbers are definitely correct. I trust it more than a BimmerPost sticky lol. I’ve leased 3 cars through him (M4,X3M,M5) all smoothly.
Considering you have a 440Xi that was leased, you qualify for the $500 lease to lease loyalty as well. $750 is BMW loyalty, $500 is BMW lease-to-lease loyalty.

also- his calc had the $1000 lease credit listed.
If it doesn’t exist, then the payment goes up like $25, which is still a much better deal

the negative $4k in downpayment reflects the drive offs being rolled into the payments. So you just do first payment due at signing

1 Like

Thanks for the tip! I’m going to send a PM to him now and see what’s what.

Would love to lock something in now closer to low-mid $8xx instead of $9xx. Though, even if my deal is the ‘best’ I can get right now, I’m only paying like $128 a month total more over 36 months (factoring in amortizing DAS cash etc.) than my $61k 440. (Shows how shit of a deal that 440 was) - But mentally at least for what I’ve been paying it’s not a terrible upgrade price to go to a big V8 5 series.

How do you like your M5? If I could justify a $1200-1300 payment, god I’d have a marina bay blue one of those already…

M5 isn’t here yet—next week hopefully.

Personally I really like the M550s as well. All V8 BMWs are special to me lol.

You could get the payment down to $902 by putting down MSDs (could have the broker run the deal through an NJ dealer which might allow you to do that since NYS doesn’t allow MSDs).
This is what MSDs will look like

Also his numbers are right.
2021 M550 has the $1000 lease credit per BMW’s website:
Which means you get the $1000 lease credit, $750 loyalty and $500 lease to lease loyalty which totals out to $2250 in rebates.

You are at $1100, skip dinner or skim on something like eating out, etc etc

You can do far better than $1300-$1400 on a demo.

The m550 is simply not worth more than $950/mo, at $1100 its a literal no brainer to jump up.

If you are a true car guy or have experienced the m5 you will take even a neutral color over an m550.

I can’t believe this is an actual discussion.

It’s one thing to say I drove the m5 and the suspension or transmission is too harsh and I can justify dropping $1100, it’s just something else when we are splitting hairs over $100-$150/mo.

1 Like

Did you drive a 2021 M5 Comp? BMW sorted out the suspension
(One of the biggest notable upgrades)

2 Likes

Not yet, I would imagine 2021 m5 comp is $1500+ tho, haven’t looked into the numbers yet, but am I pretty close?

1 Like

Depends. Well the one I got- 2021 M5 Comp (on behalf of my cousin lol) was $121K MSRP, 8% off with base mf.
$1326 p/m, sign and drive. registered in NC so the tax is only 3%
Tanzanite Blue on Aragon brown. Many options ticked

2 Likes

121k would be most major options right, $1346 is solid for that, I would definitely drop $250 for an m5 over an m550, $400/mo difference and then we have a solid argument both ways.

1 Like

I just ran numbers for the sake of it
If you get a $105K MSRP 2021 M5 —the most basic one
Along with 10% off MSRP and base mf (I’ve seen brokers offer this here)
With 10k miles per year, and 1st payment DAS—can get it for $1151 which is nuts

$114k @10% off would be $1240/mo with circa 2k das… well worth it.

Considering op is at $1100 w/ 4k das, it would almost be a no brainer…

It’s all just preference at this point, maybe drive the M5, M5CS, and M550i, ass in each seat, then figure out if you want to jump up or stay WYA. 10% on either is solid rn, and if programs are as is, then that’s that.

1 Like

guys m550 does 0-60 in 3.6s
really should be no complaints here :joy:

1 Like

You are right on that one, my dad got to drive the X6 M50i, and he thought it was a full blown M (maybe I am disappointing him with only an I4).

1 Like