Deal Check Chevy Bolt

Ohio, so we don’t get the great coastal state money. This is my first lease and EV (own a Ford), so I’ve been reading up on the site and messing with the calculator… and still am not yet comfortable with what I’m doing, lol.

Bolt Premium
MSRP: $44,565
Invoice: $39,540
Incentives: Costco
12,000 Miles
$579 Downpayment
$341 a month

I believe in Ohio we pay tax on the total lease amount at signing.

This looks to me like they are ‘coming down’ to MSRP minus the standard incentives and not moving on the sale price of the car. I know this is an overly loaded Bolt but I was thinking something more like a total lease cost $9k would be feasible. Am I in the ball park or off the mark?

Do you have a breakdown of the offer? Find out what the selling price is before any rebates and incentives. Also what’s your tax rate? It appears to vary a lot in Ohio.

I don’t have further breakdown than that. When he sent me the offer I asked for the numbers and he sent me a picture of the invoice. In our county, the tax rate is 7%. You are right, it is crazy how random tax rates are in Ohio.

They are definitely discounting the car somewhat. If you have $9750 in rebates (Costco and lease cash but no lease in the household), and you assume $400 for dealer fees and $350 for DMV fees you would be around $307 a month with $307 at signing if you could get a 10% pre incentive discount. That would look something like this:

The really good deals on these are going to involve people who can get tax breaks in their state, post sale rebates, and who already have an existing lease in the household to go with a Costco membership.

Limited to 250 for oh.

1 Like

Thanks, I was just ballparking it to get an idea of what to expect, assuming you’re not in NY or Florida lol

Lol, there’s only so many people in pa and Ohio that broker. But fee wise, I hate Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, va, and more. I’d kill for an 85 dealer fee in Florida and Georgia.

1 Like

Thank you guys. This is great information.

I knew without state money or conquest I wasn’t going to find the best deals but hopefully I can still come out with a solid one. I can live with a total cost in 11 neighborhood but right now I’ve got quotes that put me near 13k and 15k for very similar cars. Looks like I’ll need to talk to them some more and see if there is more wiggle room.

At 10% off with estimated Ohio fees you are probably around that number, especially on a One Pay lease. I neglected to mention that before, doing a One Pay lease results in maximum savings because of the lower interest rate. The caveat here is that the regular monthly payment interest rate is already pretty low on the Bolt so the savings aren’t huge. If you have the money to put down up front it will probably save you around 900 to 1000 dollars over the cost of the lease versus paying monthly.

I wanted to thank you guys again for your help. After using the calculator and talking to you guys here, we signed a lease today on the 2020 Bolt Premier. Total Lease Cost: $9576.

I know there are guys landing even better deals but with our limited incentives available, I’m pretty happy with my first lease.

I’m glad there is a resource like this out there to help guys like me. Thanks you!

3 Likes

My calculator at 10% off, came out to just under 10k with the fees (badly) estimated, so it sounds like you got a good deal! Post the details and pics and enjoy it!