Deal Check - BMW 330i xdrive $48k demo - 360/month, 1100 das (taxes only) (36/10) - MF issues

, , , ,

The board tends to be pessimistic…Id not get too crazy about this and just expect you will have your plates in that timeframe until proven otherwise.

Just FYI on BMW loaner, if car was “punched”, the clock on the 3/36K free maintenance started then, not when you take possession. I found that out recently on wife’s 2018 330ix loaner and will need to pay for the next maintenance. Maybe that should have been an obvious point and I just made wrong assumption. Car was punched Nov 2017, sold to us October 2018 w/ 3200 miles.

That is true, a lot of things are different for the time being. However, this deal is very good, if it were me I would have done the same thing…Id accept the no temp tags deal for the big discount. We haven’t seen too many cars like this at this payment posted recently that I am aware of.

1 Like

Thanks - first registered 08/14/20 so that’s fine. I don’t expect to have the car for the full 3 years anyway.

MA is currently seeing 2-4 weeks for NJ/NY registrations

Maybe 1 week different than what we’re used to experiencing

Those stories of 3-4 months are insanity. I’ve never seen anything even close to that for deals done out of MA. The process must be unique for those stores.

MA stores use runner services that often get an appt and go to the dealer window during a set time to get plates. They’d never sell a car and keep it on the lot for 3-4 months. That’s terrible for customer and dealer.

2 Likes

Dealers runner service confirmed ~3 weeks expectation, if they get the docs sent right and complete the first time (I’m not expecting this to be an issue)

1 Like

When the deals are strong, it’s easier to take a deep breath and just let it all take it’s course. No need to worry until there is reason to!

1 Like

Excellent…what a nice little bonus.

I will publicly confess that admitted first time leasing newbie @Petrem out negotiated me on this car :slight_smile:

As best as I can see things, in FL (without the horrible NY taxes) and with MSDs his deal would likely be in the ~$350/mo range including monthly tax. This is why when folks wonder “why chose a MA dealer?”…the $ number clearly says why. There havent been too many 3 series leases lately in this range that I have seen.

1 Like

Many moons later :trophy:

Ended up taking <4 weeks from signed deal to delivery. Jan 7 - Jan 31

2 Likes

very nice! grats
IDK which dealer location you got it from but I leased my car maybe a week ago from PA and they gave me a temp tag for 2 months. I live in NY