Deal Check: BMW 230i 2024 model

The reality is your model year closeout iX deal is in absolutely no way comparable to a 2cp aside from maybe the residual %.

It’s not even worth bringing up in this conversation just like anything EQx because it’s not what the OP is looking for.

And after $7K off a car with 5,500 miles ($1,250 in mileage penalty) and $1,500 in shipping (to OP’s locale) later….

You may as well have leased a new one. :+1:

4 Likes

Lol OP says he wants a BMW 230i. Says he cares about how others may have driven the car. Says he wants luxury.

So LH tries to put him in a CPO BMW and a Toyota. We need to update the LH Gen AI model to actually read the prompts.

1 Like

I didn’t bring up the battery or the MB in this thread.

As far as $1500 shipping, it was just an example for the OP. That one example was found with about 5 minutes of research. There may others, worth searching for.

1 Like

Yeah, you got an awesome deal on your iX M60 loaner/demo. But I feel like your buying-wants is different than the OP in this thread. And, it seems like your deal isn’t replicable.

I think we’ve given the OP a lot to think about. And they know their individual budget and tastes very well. The ideal is once they make a decision on what they want, this site can help make sure they don’t over-pay given that decision.

3 Likes

Buy yourself a C6Z06

Thank me later

1 Like

Haha - don’t give me more options

09 gt500 and use the remaining budget on a Kenne Bell or Whipple push about 750rwhp or roughly 880 at the crank?

See you in traffic court!

1 Like

Lol don’t forget CarMax has that 4 year extended warranty!

https://www.carmax.com/car/25587767

So it’s interesting that pushing the dealer after the test drive yielded hardly any results. They didn’t budge on the MF but gave me a slight monthly payment discount.

MSRP $47595
SP $44794
$4279 due at signing
$698 per month, 36 months, 10,000 annual mileage allowed
MF 0.0025%
Residual is $25702.

Lots of fees
Dealer 799+925 Acquisition
Govt fees total up to $144

Based on the feedback so far, this is a terrible lease. I am going to check with another dealer and then give up - this is the car I want - 2 wheel drive RWD coupe. If I can’t have a BMW, I need to get a Subaru BRZ/Toyota GR86 as the financially ‘wise’ decision. That sucks

Why dont you buy a toyota Supra?

Isn’t the comparable 2litre 4cyl Supra a BMW 2 series in a different body? Toyota dealers love their markups.

Yeah!

Thats why you might be able to get one for less. @Jrouleau426 is a toyota guy see if he can help

1 Like

The Supra is the mechanical twin of the Z4.

I don’t know if the Z4 and 2-Series share the same platform?

1 Like

They are closer than cousins in Alabama

2 Likes

Just looked it up. Both Z4 and 2-Series are indeed built on the same (CLAR) platform.

And personally, for the way I drive and such, I’d rather have the 2-Series than a Corvette… :wink:

Yeah, there’s no flaw in saving up now so you can get what you want later. But it’s good to hear you’re open to exploring options.

Yes I and I would compare the Z4 to the Supra if I was looking at the 6 cyl engines. But with the turbo four, it will be the base Supra vs 230i for me. And I would go for the 230i for the BMW badge then

1 Like

The rate and residual on a 2 series is not that great. It’s something like 0.0021% and 54% residual. Sounds like they are pumping up the MF a few points if they’re telling you its 0.0025%.

Why not 330i?, looks like monthly payments on that are lower than 2 series.

Because the OP wants a 2 series. Have you ever owned/leased a BMW? There’s a significant difference between the 2 series and 3 series…if you have had one you’d know that.

1 Like