Deal check Audi Q5 Premium plus nj

, , ,

Hey guys, I’m trying to work out a deal for an Audi premium plus and this is the first numbers they give me.

MSRP: $51,345
Selling Price: $47,778

1st Payment: $557.84
Acquisition Fee: $895
Fees & Insurance: $1,111.25 (Doc Fee $499, Registration $313.25 and Etch $299)
Taxes: $1,671.09

Total Inception Fees: $4,235.18

Money Factor: 0.00029
Residual: 54%

The MF and Residual look right to me which is a good thing but i don’t see any incentives being added here. What do you guys think? I’m going to try to push and get 10-12% discount , do you think it’s possible? Thanks everyone in advance.

What did Edmunds say about incentives?

I doubt you are going to get 12% off MSRP pre-rebates. You are barely getting a 7% discount on this car (going by the sale price). However, if incentives are included, your discount is even less. I believe there is at least $750 in rebates (some markets have more incentives). Do you have loyalty?

That’s a lot Due At Signing (DAS). Any reason you are paying taxes upfront? Can you get rid of the etch fee?

Have you searched the site to see what others have paid for this car? I would focus on the pre-incentive discount when reviewing a deal.

Every single Q5 post here in 2020 suggests that looking to lease that car is a waste of time.

3 Likes

Edmunds says $750 cash thats it

I don’t have loyalty and yeah it seems like a lot of people here trying to lease that car are putting a lot of MSDs which idk how I feel about that since I’ve never done it before. As to taxes , I thought that would be a good way to get a better deal and better monthly. Please bare with me I am a newbie and have been trying to learn as much as I can in the last week or so. I also did ask her to get rid of the etch and to see if there are corporate discounts i can take advantage of.

My choice is between the Q5 and the Stelvio but I can’t find any info on the incentives or mf on that car here in nj.

No problem. It can be overwhelming. I would suggest taking your time and learning/researching as much as info as you can.

How many dealers have you contacted? When you ask/get a quote, make sure the dealer is separating their discount from the Audi lease cash. If I were shopping for a Q5 in this current market, I would aim for a discount of at least 10% off MSRP pre-rebates. If dealers in NJ are not budging, expand your search radius. How soon are you looking to get into a new car? In the next few weeks?

Have you tried posting in the Edmunds Forum?

i checked that and i got an answer that for my zip they had no info. maybe i’ll give it another try.

I don’t follow. Did you create an account on Edmunds and ask what incentives there are on the Stelvio?

yes, I did, but looks like i posted in a 2019 thread, I’ll post in the one you sent. Thanks

so an update, as you guys mentioned Audis do seem to be not worth leasing, the dealership who gave me this offer came back at me with 6k down incl first month taxes and fees to be at 490 a month. That’s ridiculous, so i tired a different dealer which gave me a similar quote with 5k down and 500 a month. I’m trying to see if I can get it lowe lr but at this point I don’t even want the Q5 anymore lol. Going to give the Stelvio a shot see if I get better a better quote. Thank you all for helping me here I definitely have been learning a lot and will probably post again once I get some Stelvio quotes.

Have you check the deal that broker posted here? For example @nyclife https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pWmLMPm_ICRZKMmvsTrm8RwPzeztfPb0owTvbdoWmZk/edit#gid=945271461

Reach out to Quentin @nyclife . He just did great for me on a Q5 Premium+

1 Like

I wouldn’t generalize it to all Audis

Ironically I’ve seen better offers on their sportier cars like S5Sb and SQ5 than on their bread and butter cars… but it usually requires trunk money and being at the right place at the right time

And no post says it better than this one
2020 Q5 $342/month, $11K DAS

Holy shit 11k is insane. Yeah no screw Audi Q5 leasing, im exploring all other options right now at least I’m in no rush to lease.