Deal Check: 23’ A4 45 S line Premium

, ,

Except it’s not.

That broker’s spreadsheet shows a 2023 A4 with an MSRP of $44K at $497/mo w/ $2500 DAS. Total cost is $20K.

Your deal is $22K (and that’s assuming you get the low end of DAS) for a car w/ an MSRP that is ~$46.5K.

The specific deal in the link is indeed on a car you don’t want (Q5). But the DAS still isn’t close to what you’re paying. And the MSRP is $48K.

And no need to deal w/ a shady dealer.

If you don’t want to work w/ the brokers here, that’s fine. But the broker deals are not the same as what you have (possibly) been offered. ::shrug::

4 Likes

Shrug all you want pal; here’s the updated calculator: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

I understand the Q5 is 2k more in MSRP and I have no problem with brokers, in fact I’ve used them in the past. But in this instance it doesn’t make sense for to me use a dealer bc I don’t want a Q5, and the amount DAS is pretty much the same. If this dealer doesn’t come up with a better deal I will reach out to other dealers.

Thanks to everyone’s valuable input my number is $500/mo with $3900 DAS and that’s what I will shop.

this is the brokers numbers right?

Yeah it’s the brokers on an A4 40 premium; the car I’ve been quoted is an A4 45 S-line premium

maybe i did something wrong? https://calculator.autocompanion.com/?acq_fee=895&acq_upfront=true&acq_waiver=false&dealer_fee=699&dealer_fee_upfront=true&disp_fee=495&gov_fee=500&gov_fee_upfront=true&make=Audi&mf=0.00225&mf_program=26025836&miles=10000&msrp=46425&programs=25991246&res=61&res_program=26019187&sales_price=41782.5&state=NJ&sys_notes=%24501.68%2Fmo%20with%20%243%2C964.04%20DAS. Programs%20as%20of%201%2F21%2F2023%3A Residual%2061%25%20(Exp%3A%202023-01-31). MF%200.00225%20(Exp%3A%202023-01-31). Taxed%20Rebates%3A -%20Customer%20Credit%20-%20%241%2C000 &tax_method=total_lease&tax_rate=6.625&term=36&vehicle=428274&zip=07011

Sure, and you can waste all the time you want, pal.

People here are just trying to help. You want to cop an attitude, then good luck to you in your search. I hope you find what you want.

3 Likes

Nope, that’s spot on!

Back in 2021, I was working with my local dealer on a lease deal for an A6. I was leasing an A4 at the time, and I was planning to use the Audi pull ahead program to get into the A6. Long story short, my local dealer claimed I did not qualify for the pull ahead program - I had 3 months left on my lease so I did qualify, per the program’s guidelines. They flat out lied to me. They were also not transparent when it came down to the deal.

I decided to take my business elsewhere and worked with the GM at another dealership that was 1 hour away from me. All negotiations were done over email and a couple of phone calls. They were honest and gave me the best deal on the car I wanted. I only walked into the dealership to turn in my old lease and pick up my new A6.

As consumers, we have the power to pick and choose what dealer or salesperson we work with. I don’t know about you, but I have worked too hard to just give my money away to any business / person who thinks they can be deceiving or disrespectful to me.

My $0.02.

6 Likes

Here’s a broker offering 10% MSRP + $1k rebate on a '23 A4 45. You can thank me later.

1 Like

Updated calculator:

Signed!

Congrats and enjoy your new Audi. Did you get Audicare?

1 Like

Unfortunately, no Audi Care. I don’t expect it to be driven too much outside of whatever errands my daughter may run on a day to day, so I figured it didn’t make sense.

On a separate note, it was the same dealership I had received the initial quote from that I signed with today.

I clearly communicated that I’m aware he made it a point not to give me a detailed breakdown of the taxes and fees and there’s an additional $1000 tucked away in there hoping I didn’t recognize it.

He then came back with $555/mo with $3850 (apparently a gesture of goodwill?); I refused and explicitly said that I will not purchase unless the car is discounted at least 10% and pricing is accurate as far as taxes and fees.

Then his manager contacted me yesterday and tried to “negotiate” but somehow managed to get pissed off in the process (yes, I was nice) and hung up on me…then the salesperson called and offered me the deal I had initially requested this morning.

What a crazy week lol

1 Like

Congrats on making a successful deal.

Any reason you didn’t consider MSDs? That would have dropped monthly to $471. Audicare would increase your RV by 1% so essentially lowering the cost by $465.

1 Like

That doesnt make it a good deal…

3 Likes

Nobody in my household wants to drive a Frontier either. Unfortunately if they want to go anywhere, they’ll need to do it in a Frontier. :joy:

I can’t fathom $500+ per month effective on an A4, 3 Series, or C Class regardless of market conditions.

Congrats on the new vehicle!

4 Likes

The deal I signed was $502/mo with $3972 at signing. Not the initial proposal by the dealership.

God no, it’s not a good deal, but it’s unfortunate reality. I miss the days of driving a C class for $325/mo with everything rolled in

Maybe I made a mistake then? It’s the first Audi lease I’ve negotiated myself. The last one was through a broker and didn’t include Audi care either and I usually decline any extras at the finance office

Oh it’s absolutely ridiculous; I’m replacing a $400 sign and drive BMW 3 series (it might have been 1st payment at signing), in any case, ridiculous!

I love the Frontier! It’s my daily driver atm. I take the Camaro out on the weekends; $265 for the Frontier and $350 for the Camaro. But for my daughter it had to be a Tesla, BMW, or an Audi…I don’t have it in me to set her up with a 2002 Honda Civic, boy oh boy I wish I could lol

1 Like

Indeed…same here. Listen if youre content with the A4 (which is a nice luxury sedan) for approx 610/mo in this day and age “it is what it is”…

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.