Deal Check - 2024 VW Tiguan SE-R Line Black 4motion

Looking to lease a 2024 VW Tiguan SE-R Line Black in NJ. Please let me know if this is a decent deal! I am currently paying $410/mo on a 2021 VW Tiguan SE-R Line Black .

24 VW Tiguan SE-R Line Black 4 motion - $37909 MSRP
39 months
12,000 miles
~ $ 2000 DAS (Taxes, fees, etc)
$425/mo
Money Factor .00237
Residual value $21,987.22 58%

They would be taking my '21 VW Tiguan SE-R Line Black lease back, paying the remaining 3 payments on it and buying it out, and waiving the disposition fee for it (leased from different dealer). They said $3000 in equity from this car was applied for this deal for which they said lowers selling price to $33000 as they car only has 22K miles and very good condition.

This dealership offers free 3 years maintenance and waiving first month payment as well.

Is this a good deal? I think i can request better deal due to my current lease equity and request more off from MSRP?

First time posting here and hope to learn more.

Thanks in advance!

It sounds like quite a poor deal, actually.

What have you found when you did a search here of what others have paid or been offered for the same model?

First you need to know what’s the highest bid for your trade

I havent seen too many VW Tiguan deals here or on the marketplace at all. Hence, I am a bit wary and want more info. Can you give me more details on why you consider this a poor deal?

Thanks!

I think the highest I’ve seen is 24000 and average about 21,500 from these sites. How much discount from MSRP is usually on the lease or the 2024 VW Tiguan should one expect? Then would i apply the lease equity towards the selling price or towards down payment/etc? First time in this situation. any advice would help!

What matters is getting the most for your equity, the average is irrelevant.

For your next car you want to consider that conditions for leasing have changed 180 degrees— it is not necessarily the lowest TCO any more

I’m in a similar situation with my current tiguan. My lease is up this month and I need to make a call on soemthing new with trade in. Despite having positive equity in my current Tiguan my local dealer offered me a deal nowhere near as good as this. I have to start offering my tiguan to some NJ dealerships (I’m based in CT). Our deal was along the lines of $450-525 (depending on DAS) for an SE model which was 36/10. They said we had 1800 in equity which they factored into the new deal. We literally got up and walked out the door, we are currently paying $325 for our current tiguan SE, it made absolutely no sense.

B/c you’ll have spent ~$22K at the end of 39 mos and will have nothing to show for it. Why not just buy out your Tiguan (esp if you don’t drive it that much and take good care of it)?

2 Likes

Im curious if you ever signed a new deal and if so, what were the details. Im potentially going to be looking at the SE-R Line Black 4 motion. Trying to understand what to expect for discount off MSRP.

VW lease programs are mostly trash TBH

Every VW dealer will pretend the Tiguan is. Koenigsegg. They will barely budge from the MSRP for an SEL R Line. Don’t be surprised if they are about 4-5 grand above MSRP. Therefore widening the gap better the cap cost and residual, and making the payments higher.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.