Deal Check: 2024 Rav4 Prime SE, (LA Area, CA)

Deal Check - 2024 Rav4 Prime SE - Los Angeles

Checking to see if this is a good offer or what other items I should negotiate/discuss.

MSRP: $47,782 - 36/10
Discount: $3000
Rebates: $7500 ($6500 + $1000 lease loyalty)
Adjusted price: $37,282
Monthly Lease: $501 including taxes, no gap

Based on the calculator, they must be using a v high MF or putting something else in. Base MF should be .00335, to make these numbers work I believe they’re using .00455.

What questions would you have? This is the best deal I’ve been able to negotiate out of 4 in the area. Primes go quick here, so want to get feedback from the Hackrs before I sign.

Notes:

• Trading in a 2020 Rav4 XLE Premium. It’s in great condition and at 25K miles on a 36/10. (I normally discuss trade-ins separately, but wanted to see what I could get from a dealer vs. carmax)
  • Considering lease buy-out at the end of the deal. I usually lease and change cars every 3 years, but lots of interesting threads on this topic. Have not considered it before, but wondering what I need to pay attention to/negotiate for a favorable buy-out.
  • This is the best trade-in value I’ve gotten from the dealers I’ve contacted - about $3800 in equity.

Questions:

• Shouldn’t the tax be on the purchase price of the car, not the difference?
  • If the condition of the trade-in vehicle is very close to expected, will they change the trade-in value after quoting?
  • how can I use this quote to get a better deal? Discount seems ok, but other dealers are not offering as high a trade-in value - so most quotes end up higher ($550 with $0 down).
  • Not

I want to make sure I’m not leaving much on the table. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

What’s your trade worth on the open market?

What is this business about “Market Value Selling Price”? Why wouldn’t they say “MSRP”? I’d be worried that this terminology is their way of letting themselves set a starting price rather than the manufacturer. Are you SURE that the number in that field is the same as the number on the window sticker?

5 Likes

$26,400 from CarMax. Lower than what I’m seeing from dealers, but heard they are usually higher. Also considering the ease of bringing in my car to the dealer and driving away with a new one at a dealership vs CarMax (taxes, paperwork, etc). Open to any thoughts on this!

That’s only one data point. You can get 7 more in the next 5 minutes

1 Like

It’s the MSRP + delivery. Here’s an example

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.