Deal check - 2024 Mazda CX-90 PHEV Premium Plus Lease Terms -California

Hello

Can you check to see if this is a good deal. I am a complete newbie to leasing. I am claiming the 7500 lease cash and 500 Mazda loyalty offer.

Paying $800 a month for a 3 row SUV is wild

Just get a non plugin/hybrid SUV, the plugin benefit doesn’t justify that payment

Or I have 2 row plugins that are way less

2 Likes

You would really hate the $940 I am paying for a two row SUV!

I plan to pay if off right away to get the 7500 lease cash only

Doesn’t the nx450 + have higher monthly payments and it’s a 2 row?

if you plan to pay it off right away what does monthly
the lease numbers matter?

I am not sure if there’s any added fees or cost to the payoff amount. The paperwork I posted have all sorts of numbers that I don’t have too much of understanding to.

So you want yo pay off the lease? Or want to own the car? If the latter then you still pay residual and atleast the rent charge for the lease I think

If you pay off the lease you still pay rent charge as part of the lumpsum for your 36month lease.

Am I missing something or this is a lose lose on both options here?

If I were you I would care more about the total cost out of pocket.

I wasn’t referring to NXplugin

Was referring to Hyundai plugins which are very low for the segment

Paying the full rent is not accurate unless this is some subprime lease company. Standard leases have a payoff schedule just like a regular loan and leasing to get the $7500 credit is a great strategy. You only pay the “rent” aka interest for the term of the lease that it was outstanding.

Just make sure to ask if there is any early buyout penalty before you sign.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing them out but I don’t like the models that they have for the plug in.

I’m a numbers guy. So, I only look at numbers. All the calculations in the lease worksheet are correct except I take issue with the payment calculation. I disagree with how sales tax on payments are computed. First, the 748.29 base payment captures taxable and non-taxable fees including tax on the cap reduction (619.89). That should not be allowed because it leads to tax on taxables and tax on tax. When computing the taxable base payment, only taxable fees that are capped in the lease should be included, not non-taxable fees. A very good discussion of California sales tax calculations and the correct payment calculation is described at Zero Drive Off Formula [California] - Ask the Hackrs - FORUM | LEASEHACKR

This is obviously a zero drive off lease where you pay none of your own money upfront. Your first payment is covered by the remaining balance of the $8,000 rebate/credit (812.83). And so, you owe nothing. Second, the 798 license fee is listed. Other than that, it has not been paid or accounted for. It is not paid upfront nor is it included in your monthly payment.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.