Deal Check: 2024 KIA Niro EV Wind

Hi everyone. I’m currently looking for a cheap EV in NC. I got an offer (link) and I’m trying to figure out how good this deal is.

For your reference, the initial total savings was $7,500, but after I showed them a deal post for the KIA EV9 with $9,000 in savings, they immediately raised it to that amount.

Since I’m very new to the leasing game, please let me know if there are any mistakes. Thanks!

Try to not put so much down on a lease, $0 if possible. Use rate findr or edmunds to check RV/MF for your zip code.

Check out the marketplace… this does not seem like a good deal when you can get an EV6 cheaper then what they quoted you here.

I’m considering leasing a 2024 Niro EV Wind, and the dealer has proposed $329/month for 23 months, totaling $7,567 with zero DAS. Do you think this is a good deal?

Here is my calculation: (link)

Why not Ariya for portion of this payment?

An Ariya Evolve is similar priced and comes with many more items.

Here’s a list of items you get on the Evolve, compare to your Wind

I’ve noticed that the Ariya’s MSRP is higher than the Niro’s, while its RV is lower. As a result, the total cost ends up being higher, even if the MF for the Ariya is significantly lower than that of the Niro.

checkout rebates…

Hi, do you think the rebates are too small? I’m trying to figure out how to calculate the actual rebates or discounts from the numbers in the calculator. I’m also curious about what percentage off MSRP would constitute a good deal. Any insights you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Some examples

I’m just saying Ariya rebates structure on 2023 model blows out of the water any other EV these days. People are getting ~$200/month payments 0 DAS for the highest trim in high-tax states. Unless you do want this vehicle specifically take a look at 2023 Ariyas on budget and/or Lyriq, 2023 EQ* for a premium line-up.
E.g. Signed: Engage FWD Ariya 2023 $65/m + Plat Ariya 2023 $229/m - Signed Deals & Tips - FORUM | LEASEHACKR (these are NOT unicorns, I have people PMed me who were able to replicate these with even better numbers)

Thanks for the clarification! Those deals are super good. If it is applicable to me, the Ariya is definitely my go-to, and I want to hear your advice since this is my first lease.

I live in NC and asked for the numbers on Edmunds. Here’s what I got:

2023 Engage - .00131 and 62%; $3100 18 month lease cash
2023 Evolve+ - .00136 and 65%; $3120
$9500 incentives.

When I put those numbers with an MSRP of $46,325, this is my best calculation: (LINK), and I thought it is worse that the deal of Niro.

So I was wondering if my calculation is correct. If so, as far as I understand correctly, what you said is there is a huge room for negotiating for additional rebates. Am I right?

Since my main concern is not a specific model but the total cost, I’ll reach out to Nissan dealers anyway.

Thanks for the information! I put my question above. If you have time, please take a look.

Id recommend signing up as a super supporter here so you have easy accesd to ratefindr and can actuslly pull up all the incentives on the different options youre looking at.

Incentives arent something you negotiate. They are what they are, but you want to know what they are so you can structure your target deal accordingly.

If you’re looking to minimize total cost, the last thing you should do is just reach out to dealers. You must take the time to establish a well-researched target deal so you know what to negotiate to.

Agree.
To save money on monthly payments needs a lot of leg work. You need to reach out to multiple dealers until you find one that will agree to your proposal. What will be in Your proposal this is up to you.
I am using a simple template like this .
IMO $200/m with first month DAS for Evolve+ is a good deal ( not unicorn).
Remember: each trim has different MF, RV and rebates.
Good luck

2023 Nissan Ariya Evolve +AWD
Stock # PM707121
Msrp $56620
Selling price $49620
Terms - 18 months . 10k miles a year
Incentives:
$7500 – EV lease cash
$3330 – 18 month lease cash
$2000 – dealer cash
Residual Value 65%
MF: 0.00097
Bank fee $695
Dealer fee/doc fee $450
DMV : $350.
NY 8.625% sales tax
Zip code for sales tax 11554
$236/m
$236 due at signing
All fees, DMV and taxes included.
Please let me know if You have any questions

2023 Nissan Ariya Engage FWD
Msrp $45085
Selling price $41085
Terms - 18 months . 10k miles a year
Incentives:
$7500 – EV lease cash
$3100 – 18 month lease cash
$2000 – dealer cash
Residual Value 62%
MF: 0.00131
Bank fee $695
Dealer fee/doc fee $450
DMV : $350.
NY 8.625% sales tax
Zip code for sales tax 11554
$195/m
$195 due at signing
All fees, DMV and taxes included.
Please let me know if You have any questions

Thank you for the advice!

This clarifies my target and next move a lot. Thank you so much!

Just to make sure we are on the page.
These are the templates ONLY. You need to search for current MF RV and incentives specific to zip code and trim.

1 Like

While these deals are not unicorns, I would advice approaching dealers with resolve and be ready to sign as soon as they agree to your terms, and communicate as such.

Sure. I got my numbers from Edmunds. I have one more question: Is the difference between MSRP and the selling price considered a ‘discount’? It might sound somewhat stupid, but I’ve found it hard to distinguish between rebates, discounts, and incentives, especially when I’m talking to dealers. As far as I understand, focusing on discounts is key to lowering the total cost. Is that correct?