Deal Check: 2024 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon X 4xe

I’m just referencing because you’re going to take a massive hit when you try to sell this in 3-5 years. Their resale is already crap because fca reliability combined with a plug in hybrid does not bode well.

1 Like

If you are using an out of state dealer, then they cannot offer you TX sales tax credits. That’s my understanding.

There are a few in bordering areas that can, but most out of state dealers can’t

I’m in TX and leased a 4xe in March of last year. Vehicle came from Louisiana. They could not do sales tax credit. At least not at that time. It was still better for me to pay the sales tax vs getting the vehicle in TX with a sales tax credit.

I wouldn’t buy the wrangler out. Just keep the lease

You might think you’re going to break even but this car is going at auction for $61K with 1000 miles on it. Means auction prices and dealer prices are taking account for all rebates and such off the bat. Car will be worth low 30s or even 20s in 3 years

1 Like

I know of some dealers in LA that can offer it and some that can’t

I’m still fuzzy on how that works since most manufacturers’ base incentives (rebates, etc) on the buyer’s zip code, not the selling dealer. Seems like it would be that way with the sales tax credits since they come from the captive.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.