DEAL CHECK: 2024 Honda CR-V EX-L $540/mo $540 DAS FL

I did say Northeast, but you should do some searching in this forum. Good luck.

Iā€™m open to an XC40. Any good dealers that youā€™d recommend I start talking to who will give a good deal?

A. Probably less? Because in 3 years the interest rates will probably be less than they are now.

B. Iā€™m not following your math on that.

I believe he is pointing out that you can save a ton of money by simply buying a dependable car and keeping it for many years, as opposed to leasing a new car every three years.

Hondaā€™s are generally better for buy and hold folks, while Volvoā€™s are generally better for folks that want a new car every three years.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s like planing life on hopes and dreams.

What if rates are not lower? There was that ā€œWall Street ā€œgetting used to rates being higher for longerā€ sell-of recentlyā€¦

What if they are lower because economy cratered and you canā€™t get a loan at the bank?

And if you are shopping lease payment Honda isnā€™t the brand you should be looking at

1 Like

A. Your total cost to pay off your buyoutā€¦ will be less than your buyout? Because youā€™ll get negative interest rates?

PS FYI any time interest rates go down you can refinance on a finance, but not on a lease.

B. What do most people do when they end a lease of what was originally a brand new car? They donā€™t finance whatā€™s now a used car. They go out and lease another new car. Itā€™s just human nature. Thatā€™s the hamster wheel of leases.

Or are you confused about how each lease is going to cost ~$20,000?

This is interesting. Could you please expand on this? Thanks!

Personally if $30/month difference in payment was meaningful, Iā€™d probably be looking at an HR-V Sport vs a CR-V EX-L and Iā€™d probably finance it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.