Deal Check: 2024 BMW i4 eDrive35 in California bay area

Hey guys,

Signed one i4 today. Did some research beforehand and thought I got an okay discount off MSRP but the final price still came to a pretty high one. I already signed but now kind of regret and want to understand what I did wrong on this lease. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!

MSRP 56755
Discount 4881 (8.6%)
Rebate 7500
MF: I did not ask but from my contract it can be inferred as 0.0025

36 mons/7.5K miles per year
3K cash down
Did add the end of lease protection which is quite expensive at $2150
and some Surface Protection at $1144

The final is ~$722/month

I feel I got decent discount, MF, but somehow the final price is high. Where is wrong?

Thanks!

You’ve got sold about $3300 worth of snake oil in finance which is about $100/mo. Unless you tend to really beat up your cars, you can cancel lease end protection now and keep most if not all of this $2150. BMW FS is generally fairly lenient in regards to minor damages.

California allows cancellation of vehicle service contracts for up to 30/60 days of inception. You may or may not be able to fight them on this. Obviously, easier to cancel if they haven’t applied it yet (or you know they haven’t done it yet but claim that they have).

Good luck and enjoy your i4.

Thank you ser! We are certainly not the carest driver out there so was concerned for the lease end charge. Those come to about $83/month, so if without those, will $630 or so/month a fair price?

I see many people have 0 down here but that dealer has a minimum of $3K

You should have been targeting somewhere around here

10% off at buyrate MF (.00021) plus OL code for an extra $1,000 rebate and using 7 MSD, none of the inflated protection products:

3 Likes

This is the way. :point_up:

Thanks. Do not even know of OL code until now! Definitely use those learnings next time. Really appreciate the info.

1 Like

Can this OL code be applied to a loaner?

I am about to pull the trigger.
I got 12%+7500 offer from BMW stevens creek and mountain view.
Same MF.

Hi,

I would like to check how to get OL code?
It looks like we have to attend an event to get one, but there is no available event in the short term.
I am about to get into a contract.

To get OL code you would have had to attend a BMW ultimate driving event. I wouldn’t worry too much about it though since it would most likely only give you a $500 discount, not $1k. Since the $1k OL code discount is $500 from BMW and $500 from the dealer. Since you’re already at 12% off, it’s unlikely the dealer would be willing to contribute their $500 share of the discount, so you’d only get the $500 discount from BMW.

1 Like

Got it.
Thank you so much for the detailed explanation.

That sounds like a great deal. Damn, they sold me at a lower discount then

This seems hard to believe, 12% off on an I4, and would certainly be a loser for the dealership. Would very much like to see the paperwork on this one! Could be deal of the month if submitted to signed.

I got 12% and full rebate at buyrate mf from honestycar broker via stevens creek. $3,000 das, $3500 msds, $430/mo. $474/mo including tax . $700 broker fee

You just outed his dealer lol.

1 Like

Stevens creek is posted like 5 posts up, so why would it matter

I am pretty sure that the sales did some trick on your price.
as I know, if they put a huge discount on your leased car,
they must have raised the price somewhere.
like a non-tax fee or doc fee somewhere.
that is the trick that bmw sales usually do.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.