Deal Check: 2023 X5 45e 36m/10k

Have you looked at a higher trim GC 4xe?

The problem is you canā€™t save money by choosing 45e over 40i ā€¦ because 40i have more incentives now.
With 30mile/day commute you burnt 1.5 gal gas which is $5 now
But also keep in mind electricity is not free and each day you will use 20kwh + 5kwh(for loss during charging) 25 * $0.15 per kwh = $3.75, you work 250 days a year, savings: $312.5
The reason you will choose Hybrid:

1. You company have free charging
  2. You live in some area that has high gas price but low electricity

If you just want to contribute to the environment, then maybe 45e

mllcb42 I didnā€™t know Jeep had a hybrid option though the mileage on electric is low relatively and I donā€™t know where it stands in terms of reliability.

HHH_SHAH Thatā€™s a really good point. I think I am looking to go Hybrid for exactly those 2 reasons you mentioned.
My daily commute is about 10 miles (round trip) and I get free charging at work (also residential electricity is relatively cheaper in this area compared to the other providers). Gas is expensive in NorCal but I can usually get around with Costco gas which makes things a tiny bit easier.

The shorter commute and being able to recharge at work every week or so is another incentive and besides we donā€™t have frequent long distance travels either.

You remember the days when they were considering increasing the tax credit from 7500 to 12500 under the build back better legislation? :cry:

2 Likes

These all sound like great reasons to get a BEVā€¦ itā€™s almost a waste to use free charging on like 25 mile range or whatever it is.

Yep, thank goodness that mishegas didnā€™t take root.

Jeep GC maybe your choice I think they pass the credit to you?
Or ID4 lease also passed the credit.

Donā€™t know what kind of road trip you want to do, but consider renting car using your companyā€™s codeā€¦

Yeah, a certain senator from WV already caused me $$$ on a separate non-car related bill.

I ordered the X5e on January 2022 in NorCal at MSRP and took delivery in May, They gave me the Jan 2022 program which was finance at 1.9%. If the LCI was for 2023 model I probably wouldā€™ve canceled since I was financing and not leasing. Agreed with everyone here that if you cannot take advantage of the $7500 then all the more reason to wait, if tax credit gets reduced in March then dealer probably will discount and deals will be better for a 2023 lease. Itā€™s my wifeā€™s car really and we get gas every couple months (also at Costco) with our driving pattern.

I just asked my HVAC guy to give me an updated quote for new AC install and itā€™s about 1K higher.

Are they going to discontinue the 45e after March when they start taking orders for the LCI? If thatā€™s the case you may not have a chance to get one at a discount since there are not too many in inventory.

1 Like

The jeep is better on electric than the x5

Its rated at 56 mpge compared the x5ā€™s 50 mpge

Unless you dont like filling up the gas tank, your commute is only 20 mi RT, and recharge only takes 3h at work.

Just a little bit more and you get an X7: āš™ Clutch - BMW - CA - 330i/e 8.5% off | 530 9% off | 540 10% off | 8-Series 10% off | X7 8% off - #159 by Clutch

2 Likes

Underrated reason to get a BEV.

1 Like

Is this just to compare more easily, or is a cash incentive better/worse than a price reduction? I think of them as equal since they both impact the cap cost the same right?

Most states tax incentives. Some states will not tax incentives direct to the dealership, but most incentives are paid to the consumer, so they end up being taxed.

1 Like

One is the value youre trying to negotiate and one is baked in to the actual price of the car.

Itā€™s neither better/worse nor equal.

You want to maximize your discount within realism.

Then, like stacking coupons after a price reduction, you want to stack as many rebates as possible.

Assuming incentives are not taxed, it doesnā€™t seem to impact the total cost from what I can tell, so I am just confirming that thought process. As in, a $1,000 off MSRP is just as impactful as a $1,000 cash rebate. Both reduce cap cost by $1,000 and residual is unchanged.

Fair enough in terms of strategy, I was just making sure I understood the math.

Are you just trying to calculate what the payment should be or are you trying to determine if the deal is worthwhile?