Deal Check: 2023 Volvo XC60 Recharge Ultimate Dark Theme

I’ve been offered a deal on a 2023 Volvo XC60 Recharge T8, Ultimate Trim, Dark Theme.
36 months / 15k miles
Southern California
MSRP: $71,635
Rebates and Incentives $9,000
Dealer Discount $1,500
Adjusted Price $61,135
With fees - Balance $62,992.77
MF .00219
Residual 45%

I think the residual and price are good, but the MF should be closer to .00199. See attached. Thoughts? Thank you!

People are getting XC90 Recharge for half of that. Search…

$1,200 a month for an XC60?

No no no no no no no.

No.

Ok - so where am I going wrong? The selling price?

You’re only getting a $1,500 discount, for one, but even if you fix that:

The residual is rough (in the high 40s). Nothing you can do about that.

May just be a poor lease candidate.

But stepping back, across all of your vehicle options, is this the highest and best use of $42,000 for a car you’ll give back in 3 years?

You could buy this, slap an extra warranty on it if you’re feeling cautious, and at the end of 3 years cancel the insurance and leave it running in a Walmart parking lot.

And you’d still be money ahead.

2 Likes

This is not a Recharge though.

It isn’t new, either, and he would be more likely to sell or trade it at the end than cancel insurance and leave the car behind for thieves.

Regardless, it illustrates the premise of “highest and best use of $42,000,” and he seems to want a Volvo that’s shaped like that.

My wife wants the XC60 Recharge in the Ultimate trim, so that’s what we’re focused on. Whether I’m better off leasing or financing is a separate issue and a point well taken.

I get it. My spouse is currently hung up on buying a '55-57 Thunderbird – for a commuter car in Ohio. We each pick our own cars, so whatev. :smiley:

At minimum I was encouraging you to figure out a realistic/appealing market-supported dealer discount and do the lease vs. buy comparison (if you can’t entice her with more logical options for < $42k over 3 years).

Good luck in your pursuit! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know what you tried to illustrate and I agree, but at least do apples-to-apples comparison since these are different cars with completely different MSRP.

Reach out to Benedetto. He has some XC60 listed: $300 delivery cost for the LA/NV area area.

You should also be looking at a 2024, which has higher residual values 52 or 58% for 36 or 24 month.

And they may have higher incentives. And, you really need to get a higher discount off MSRP before the incentives are applied.