Deal Check 2023 Subaru WRX Premium

Would appreciate some feedback on this potential deal:

Located in zip code 30028
2023 Subaru WRX Premium

That deal is atrocious, please dont sign that

3 Likes

Oh ok. I am glad to get this feedback. I am new to leasing, so can you tell me how to make this a better deal/what is wrong with it?

1. You should get some quotes on your trade in separately from used car dealers/sites like Carmax, Carvana, Algo, etc to get an idea of what your trade in can be worth

2. They didn’t give you any discount on the WRX, the WRX is not a hot vehicle that needs to be sold for MSRP. Usually dealers struggle to move them

3. They have a dealer add on of $795 which shouldnt be there or they need to discount to make up for it

Theres tons of room on this deal as is

6 Likes

Don’t roll $7500 in trade equity into it, to start

What’s msrp on this specific wrx? Did you research the buy rate Money Factor and compare to what they are offering?

The money factor I got from Edmunds and the dealer was 0.00308 and the residual value I got from Edmunds was 0.65, but the dealer gave me 0.67. The MSRP is $32,514

My trade in was valued at $11,000 at Carmax, which is pretty fair on the KBB value. The dealer is offering me $12,385 for it. I owe $7,500 on it, which comes out to the trade allowance of $4,810.

You can do better than MSRP on these with little to no effort

VIP will cost you $500 for eligibility, so invoice + $500 should be an absolute floor. Look around the Marketplace here to see what brokers and dealers are currently offering. Even if you have to ship a car, worth it.

Definitely separate the trade. KBB valuations are meaningless, it matters what someone will pay for it. In an hour, you can plug your VIN into all those car buying services and get quotes. This dealer seems to be over-allowing on trade because they aren’t discounting the car.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.