Deal Check: 2023 MB EQS450+ - $914/mo

First time leaser looking to get a super cheap EQS if possible (neither tied to the car nor in need of a new one). Mainly looking to take advantage of the good MB EQS deals, but might have missed the boat from earlier this month.

Where I’m at: Dealer went down to 80k (including 10k in incentives/cash), I ran the Leasehackr calculator and got an effectively monthly cost of $914. I wanted 71k and dealer said no. I walked but know that the sales person wants to make this happen.

Make: MB
State: California
Model: 2023 EQS450+
Msrp: $106,xxx
Selling: $80,000 (~25% off) (includes $7,500 EV incentive and $2,500 new EV)
MF: .00239
Term: 24/10k

Total DAS: (unclear didn’t get to that part of the negotiation yet. I said $0 down for what it’s worth)

Monthly: $914 (total cost $21,928)

I have the money and am mostly concerned about the total cost of the lease. Right now, the total cost is $21,928, and I want something closer to $15,000. This would require the dealer to do $74,000 based on the calculator, but I’m not sure that’s possible in California in this market/this time of the month.

Questions:

1. What should my next steps be?
  2. Should I wait until the end of the month to see if I get more desperation?
  3. Should I offer MSDs?
  4. Should I offer to one-pay? If I one-pay, will I get any money back if the car is totaled?
  5. I’m thinking if the dealer gives me a take it or leave it at $77,000 after more negotiation, that I can pick a EQS that’s a little higher in MSRP with more options and call it a day. Is this tactic ok, or is it not acceptable?

Sorry if these are basic/stupid questions. It’s my first time leasing, so any help would be appreciated.

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: MB EQS superthread