Deal check 2023 Mazda CX-9 24/12K $340/month ($482 effective)

, , ,

MSRP- $40740
Selling Price- $36671
Term- 24/12k
MF- 0.00001
RV - 70%

DAS - $3391 for tax, registration, doc fee, etc…
Monthly - $340

RV and mileage are incorrect in your calculator.

sorry I fixed the calculator link

Why would you pay tax on the full price of a vehicle every 24 months?

That’s how VA tax on lease, and I’m planning to buy out after 24 month.

1 Like

Why not buy it on day 1?

Avoid the acq fee and any purchase fee and having to get a used car loan down the road at a higher APR than a new car loan today

didn’t want to pay the high APR and high monthly payment. low MF and high RV got me interested in leasing the CX-9.

What rate was Mazda / the dealer offering?

Check out this post for links to credit unions with the best finance rates.

thank you I will check it out.

Mazda is offering 2.9% this month. I think I might purchase instead of leasing. Do I have to pay sales tax again if I buy out lease?

I have no clue about that.

I’ll check with DMV. thanks for your help. the link to the credit unions made me think twice about leasing as the effective monthly payment is high.

found this, apparently no sales tax need to be paid again as long as i can show proof.

My takeaway from that link:

1. Your lease contract isn’t enough proof per VA DMV.

2. Going back to the original dealer (or any dealer) means you’ll be paying infamous VA doc fees a second time to buy out your lease.

That sounds like a lot of time, money and aggravation that could be saved by financing on day one.

thank you very much for your suggestions. it really helps me thinking what is best for the family. just for the record, I was thinking to lease from one of the MD dealers as i hate to deal with any of the VA dealers which charges $700+ fees standard for doc fee.

Won’t save you much. MD dealers charge $500 IIRC.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.