Deal Check: 2023 Honda Odyssey Sport (Georgia) - $42,900 MSRP ++

Good Afternoon Fellow Hackrs,

My Odyssey order is in and need to go pick it up. I am debating whether I should lease or finance and which one is better long term - I do want to keep the car? There is absolutely no negotiations on the price, so wondering if there is anything I can negotiate on or get for free? The paint protection is BS…doesn’t even cover half the things. I am wondering if I lease to Buy, if there is negotiating I can do in 3 years (if the market is better).

MSRP: $42,900
ADDENDUMS: $3,185 (Paint protection, Window tint, Splashguards).

LEASE
Residual: 63% (36/10k) - Verified on Edmunds
MF: 0.00194 - Verified on Edmunds
Monthly Payment: $757/month
DAS: $0

FINANCE
All-in Sale Price: $50,104
If I finance 72 months with a credit union at 4%
Monthly Payment: $850/month
DAS: $0

Thanks!

Any help I can get?

I would personally finance the car for more flexibility. Overall solid deal for a Odyssey and going to come down to personal choice.

1 Like

You ordered the car, correct? Did you order paint protection, tint and splash guards? If they won’t discount the car (understandable nowadays but that should have been negotiated ahead of time anyway) I would tell them that you do not want them to install anything extra that you did not order. I’d also shop around for a better credit union/bank auto rate if at all possible, and/or compare it to whatever Honda is currently offering. If the Honda rate is competitive it might make the dealer a little more likely to get rid of the crap add ons if you’ll be financing through the dealership.

These were their add-ons and they can’t be taken off. I told them I didn’t need it lol. And yes, I did order the car 2 weeks ago and they told me it would take them 2 months lol. Honda is currently 5.9% for 72 months and 4.9% 60 months… I can see if they will budget if I finance with them if they take off the addendums. This helps though!

If you factory ordered a car, how could their add ons not be taken off? If the car just came from the factory it wouldn’t have any dealer add ons installed yet. I’d be really surprised if you placed a factory order that was delivered in two weeks from the time of ordering. It sounds more like they did a dealer locate/trade and are trying to maximize profit on it. Did you place a deposit? Do you have any kind of bill of sale or some kind of paperwork detailing the sold order?

2 Likes

Well, I think they sold me an allocation, so I guess it wasn’t an order from the factory. I did place a $500 deposit that is refundable. I do have a bill of sale an its attached.

Those aftermarkets are egregious, leasing is out of the question, those numbers are awful. How many dealers did you talk to and how soon do you need the car?

So you placed a deposit (which isn’t mentioned at all on your sheet) for an in transit unit and agreed to pay for the crap add ons, it’s not a factory order. I’d see if I can get my (undocumented) deposit back if you are able to wait for a real factory order or can find a unit on the ground that doesn’t have that crap added to it. Doesn’t the Odyssey come with privacy glass, especially on the more expensive trims? Why would anyone need or want additional tint on a minivan? Nevermind almost $1800 bucks for mats and splash guards…

Your last minivan thread had 60+ replies including precise information on which dealerships/salespeople to talk to about ordering Siennas, Carnivals, etc.

1 Like

I have talked to all the dealers here in Metro Atlanta (50-100 mile radius). This is the cheapest for this config I could find and no one wanted to beat this price. The tint they said is for the 2 front windows.

If you are set on a honda this a decent deal for the car. However if you can wait order something else at sticker.

1 Like

That’s the problem though. I have been researching and asking for a couple of months now and no one is willing to sell me at sticker. This is the best I could do and do want to go with Honda for reliability.

I work for honda so I understand the frustration. I would expand your search radius but will be tough at sticker.

When you placed the order, did you agree on the sale price without any-add ons?

If I were in your shoes, I would just ask for my deposit back and find a broker that deals with Hondas.

Can someone suggest a Honda broker for me? I could not find anyone.

You can filter by region and brand in the Marketplace.

1 Like

Brokers here are adding similar markups for these vehicles.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.