Deal Check 2023 Audi Q5

Similar deal (sorry newbie asking for advice here)
MSRP: 57,925
Driveoff:2,300
MSD: 6,500
36mo / 10k
Mo. 644 incl tax
Ok to bite?

What’s the sales price? Like how much off msrp?

I really need to study this better. I keep thinking that for the same model, it matters what I would pay in total as I don’t plan on keeping the car after the lease term. But I can sort of see how this would not be able to differentiate value of lease between different models/brands…

sales price at 58,000.

You should be getting a solid discount on the Q5.

2 Likes

Where are your numbers from?

Thanks for taking a look at this. It sounds like I gotta get some more details from the dealer. Will provide them as soon as received.

Don’t go to the dealer before you’ve done some research here. Once you figure out your numbers put together your target deal and present it to the dealers in your area.

Here it is.

MSRP: 57,925 (Tax @ 7.25%)
Selling: 53,825 (7.08% off)
36mo / 10k
RV: 64%
MF: 0.0019
MSD: 10
Fees: 895 (acq), 85 (dealer), 684 (gov.)
Disp.: 495
M: 643 (tax incl)

1 Like

what state are you in CA?

Yes, I’m in SoCal

On the surface this looks not bad at all. Discount is decent.

Is this Q5 sportback?

Before MSD or after? What’s the buy rate MF for your region?

From what I know, 10th deposit is useless. Max MSDs that actually reduce your MF for Audi is 9. 10th one will not reduce it further and will just sit there. Ask them to change MSDs to 9. Appears you are required to do full 10 to get full MSD reduction, even if only 9 are actually reducing rate.

And maybe shop around for bigger discount. 10% should be attainable.

1 Like

I would try to get closer to 10% assuming you have base MF. Check with @DonnyAudi if you haven’t already.

He’s quoting my deal, lol. I appreciate the reference! 10% isn’t doable here on a Q5, it would be a net net loser. Keep in mind, A&B (A4,Q5 etc) segment cars have less room than C&D (Q7,Q8 etc,).

1 Like

Doesn’t work that way, you have to pay for 10 MSD’s to apply 9. Last we spoke with AFS this was the case. Every time we push it with less it will kick back and the lease will not be validated.

1 Like

Yup, straight from Donny… Maybe I should have cited the source.
Reached out to the other gentlman and it was just tad lower but insignificant. Plus he wasn’t too friendly to this newbie with explanations.

2 Likes

Hmmm that’s interesting. Thanks for clarifying. I do clearly remember bit about only 9 actually reducing rate.

1 Like

That part is correct, oddly you have to pay for +1 on what you’d like to reduce (ex. 8 MSD’s reduce .0004 but you’d have to pay for 9 MSD’s.) Max reduction is .00045.

1 Like

Not sure why you are shopping a broker’s deal. If that is the best you can do, either take it or leave it.

who was the “other” gentleman?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.