Deal Check 2022 Wagoneer

I will need a 12% discount on the series 1 and a 18% discount on the series 2. I also ran the numbers and a Grand Wagoneer series 1 with a 23% discount will get me there.

Good luck getting anywhere close to those discounts.

If you are serious about getting into a Wagoneer, why not go this route?

1 Like

I’m all squared away on the Wagoneer. I took the make an offer route. I had applied for the fed choice loan in October and had the 72 month loan at 2.74%, the rate was set to expire on Dec 31. I found a series 1 with premium group, convenience group, and all the screens. It had 6k miles on it. I made an offer of $60k and the dealer accepted. I picked up the car last week. The Wagoneer drives incredibly well, they nailed it. Its so comfortable. I was surprised at the end of the year there were no lease deals on it. Thanks for all the help and tips.

7 Likes

Can you share the OTD breakdown?

Congrats on your deal. Care to share more details such as discount off MSRP and rebates that were applied?

Sure it was used had 6k miles on it with a clean carfax and vinwiki. The sticker was 75k and it was sold in June 22. Dealer said it was traded in on a pickup. Total out the door with all fees and taxes was $66130. The long island sales tax was 5218, they clobber us here. I put 3k down and my payment is in the 900s. I wanted to be in the 700s on a lease, but I’m ok with the payment in the 900s on a purchase due to equity and ability to get out. I’m ok with the paperwork fees its less work on my part.

That’s a crazy deal at 20% off MSRP, even for a demo. I would love to snag a new one this year, but realistically, I do not see it happening for a few reasons:

1. A well-equipped series II 4x4 is in the mid 80s.
  2. I would need more than 10% off MSRP + a bot load of incentives for a lease to be appealing.
  3. It would be replacing my wife’s 2017 Pacifica with more than 100k miles. She loves her minivan, hence my point #2.
  4. I would prefer to finance one, however interest rates are still high.
  5. It does not fit in my garage, so would have to park out it outside during New England winters.

@mikey440 - How is the gas mileage? Do you have the 5.7L V8 engine?

I think its a used trade in, not a true demo. Not that it really matters at 6k miles…

1 Like

It matters for leasing purposes.

Used cars/trucks cannot use new vehicle programs, but untitled demo/loaners usually can.

Yes. This is very true, but in this case, with purchase…

Yes its a used trade in, but it was 6 months old with 6k on it. it was in perfect shape. I could not take advantage of the incentives, but the price was much better than anything I saw with incentives.

We drove it home about 220 miles and got 19mpg. the 5.7 is fast i was surprised how quick it is. The Etorque stop start is annoying, so i keep it off. Mine is a loaded series 1 and it is very nice inside. the series 1 feels like a Expedition XLT with the 202a package or the Yukon SLT. it very nicely equipped. This is replacing a 2012 expedition and the seats are more comfortable than the expeditions seats ever were. i bought the expedition new and was surprised how uncomfortable the seats were on day 1.

Nice. Got any pics?

I was finally able to take some pics of it clean with nice sunlight . Sorry for the delay.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.