Deal check 2022 MDX A-SPEC -FLORIDA , is this a good deal?

Good suggestion and it will also give me option to explore non-acura deals but in 3 row segment , again I dont see any better deals these days e.g BMW X5 or even Top level telluride ( going on msrp or above).

As bad as this is, at full MSRP, assuming MF and RV are correct from Edmunds, and including a more FL-like doc fee, it would seem the quote is correct.

1 Like

XC90 might be worth checking out

Then it means its bad lease deal since score is 7 yrs from your calculation. Even with $1000 discount on msrp it will not be a good deal.

I think waiting would be wise.

The score is a poor indicator of if something is a good deal or not, but I think we all agree this is a poor deal.

1 Like

I looked into XC90 and there is federal tax credit as well of $5400 on hybrid version. I don’t know much about Volvo SUVs but looks good from my initial research but interior is so outdated compared to MDX 22 or any other car in the segment. Let me see if these are available in my local area with any good discounts.

No leases qualify for the federal tax credit. Any amount passed on to the manufacture would be in the form of the incentives from the manufacturer.

1 Like

I applied the $1k incentive in the Incentive field. So this is as good as it gets at full MSRP.

That means they can use in capital cost reduction ?

I sold my TLX leased through Acura Financial to CarMax on Wednesday of last week. Not to say you can still do it today, but it’s about as fresh a data point as you could ask for…

1 Like

so payoff includes amount with tax or without ?

The buyout amount you see in your AFS account includes tax. The dealer doesn’t have to pay tax, so their buyout will be less expensive.

You can get an idea of what a dealer payoff for your car looks like at https://payoffahfc.dealertrack.com/.

You don’t get to double dip. The only OEM-sponsored cap cost reduction is their incentives.

You don’t get to stack some federal tax credit on top.

1 Like

That’s a great website to find out the payoff online so I was off with my estimates so its coming out $31,770 without tax and I assumed it was including tax.

Updated the original post as well.

Carmax- 37,200
vroom - 36423
carvana - 35,700

Just to be explicitly clear, there are two different payoff numbers in play.

The first is the one you see when you log into your acurafinancialservices.com account / on your monthly statement. That number is your buyout; it’s what you’d pay if you bought the car out from AFS directly. That number includes tax, because if you buy the car, you have to pay tax on it.

The second number is the one you got from DealerTrack. That buyout cost applies only to a dealer: CarMax, Carvana, your friendly local Acura dealer, etc. That number does not include tax, because dealers don’t have to pay tax when they acquire cars for resale. You cannot buy the car from AFS at that price yourself.

Hopefully that makes at lease some kind of sense :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Also worth noting - only that first number is guaranteed. You are contractually afforded the right to buy out the car at that number.

AFS could change their policy at any point in time to make third party (think CarMax, Carvana) dealer buyouts impossible, impractical (by adding a ton of red tape), or simply pointless (by making the third party dealer payoff too high to be attractive).

1 Like

Thanks for the great explanation , its crystal clear now how this works. So I am looking around max $5k check from carmax instead of $7500.

One more question since my lease is expiring in December so do I need to write a check for remaining monthly payments to acura or carmax can take care of it as well ?

The payoff number CarMax gets satisfies all of your remaining payment obligations to Acura.