Deal Check: 2021 XC90 Inscription Expression T8 in Maryland

I’m looking for a 2021 XC90 Inscription Expression T8 in Maryland (6% tax on selling price). It must have Advanced & Climate. I’d like Harmon Kardon if possible and 21" wheels. 6 seater preferred but a 7 seater is fine (nice if that one has an integrated booster seat). Don’t really care for the protection packages but at least one of them has wheel locks which would be useful.

Also I’d also really like Polestar. I drove it tonight in the recharge and it was great.

Here’s how my current best two options are stacking against each other:

Sorry for the awkwardness of the pricing layout but one dealer laid the latest numbers over the phone, the other I was sitting with while they were pricing everything out.

The one complication is that I want Polestar so we’ll have to see what Dealer A will charge me for it. Dealer B’s got it on from the factory. Any thoughts?

Big issue for me is that my current lease is due back Thursday so I’m pretty much out of time.

Have You checked Marketplace at LH? Maybe @HersheySweet will help You?

Sent him a message, thank you!

I do have some polestar builds, waiting for a response :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I looked at a T8 lease last week in Texas. I don’t have the numbers but the MF and RV were not as favorable as a T6 Momentum or Inscription. Are you set on the T8 Recharge?

1 Like

I like how they’re charging you $250 to breathe air :man_facepalming:

I’d 2nd @Zenek and connect with a broker on here.

1 Like

I had pinged a few over the past few weeks but only got responses from curtis, who himself got a little backed up (he just replied though). Unfortunately I’m out of time though. I gotta return my current lease tomorrow. I’m going to spend my day off today cleaning the car out before I return it.

Thanks for tagging him. I actually had talked to him but he got a bit backed up. I’m talking with him now though.

Will they allow you to extend the lease by another month? I know hyundai allows up to 6 months.

1 Like

Yeah I was all set for a momentum T6 too but it’s the wife’s car and now that the plug-in variation was coming in at $100-125/more per month over the best T6 momentum pricing, she wants to go that route. Had the split been even more she wouldnt have.

Oh really? I didn’t know that was a thing. Alright I’ll call today as backup to bring that up just in case

And if you can’t extend the lease with volvo, you could always rent a minivan or suv for the next week or two until you get your deal sorted with a broker on here. You’re going to save quite a bit more than what these dealers are going to do to you.

2 Likes

For around $950 a month with 6% tax you could do the volvo subscription with a loaded Momentum insurance included. Can cancel it after 4 months. Can get a dealer to do one from their lot. Buy you some time to find a longer term deal.

2 Likes

Do you currently have a Volvo? It’s too late to ask for extension and it is not easy to get extended with Volvo. Return your lease and rent something until you get your new car. Loyalty is valid for 6 month.
You can PM me for contact, they have a few.

1 Like

I have driven both and really liked the T8. Was surprised that I liked it more than T6. Would probably have replaced my MDX with it but hard to stomach the 250-300 dollar a month overall tax bill here in Virginia. So instead we are doing one car thing until we stop working from home.

1 Like

Hey actually I have an Infiniti but I’m pretty sure I know the deal I’m going with now so no need to worry on the extension. I’ve gotten some verification from the hackers directly and indirectly that it’s a really good deal that I’m getting and I just want to make sure of that so I can feel good about it.

Thanks, I’m good and know what I’m going with but this is good info to remember for the future.

Oh wow, it’s $250-$300/month Tax in VA? I’m at $101/month on this car in Maryland and was annoyed at that. And I thought MD was supposed to be bad.

And yeah that T8 drive was something. I was already excited about the T6 drive tbh. I’m coming from a QX60 and that drive was pretty meh but the car got the job done. The car I Really wanted some years ago was the Atlas but that was hard to find. I liked that car’s drive so much more.

Fast forward to now and I drove the Atlas again and it didn’t feel as sporty as I remember it. But the T6 XC90 was really something so that’s what I focused in on. If I had more time I Would have tried to drive the polestar and non polestar version to confirm if the polestar really is better but pretty much out of time now/really just want to get this done. This had been consuming so much of my free time. So I’m just trusting the rave reviews I’m seeing of Polestar from its owners in the XC90 FB group I’m a part of.

Yeah, 4.15% on total sale price then annual tax of about 3.5% on first $20k and 5% on subsequent $20k based on NADA clean loan value.

Of course, if I lived in Montgomery County my county income tax bill would be much greater than my car tax bill, even if I decided to lease a 70k SUV. So :man_shrugging:.

… um, hello from Montgomery County :worried:

2 Likes

Ultimately went with Option B, which again was as follows:

2021 XC90 Inscription Expression T6 7 Passenger:

• Base: $63,450.00

• Climate $750

• Advanced $1700

• Metal Paint $645

• Integrated Booster $300

• 20" Wheels $800

• Polestar $1295

• Dest $995

• $69,935.00

Thanks to everyone for the responses. And thanks to the brokers for the messages. One of the brokers was nice enough to make this leasehackr calculator for me on this deal. It helped confirm that it really was a pretty killer deal.

When I talked to the Option A dealer (the vehicle that didn’t have polestar), adding on Polestar ultimately made it the same price as option B: $840/month. However, that vehicle didn’t have the integrated booster seat which my wife really wanted and also had a light interior which would be bad for the kids going in and out of this vehicle (wife’s an educator so it’s not just our kids). That vehicle did have 21" wheels which I preferred, but not enough to override what was missing.

I did try for one more day to see if any of the other dealers who had an (imo) better vehicle could do better. The pricing I had been getting from them had gotten a lot better when I mentioned my deal - I didn’t say who in my shopping, but just said the what part - but still wasn’t coming close enough.

Below is the final breakdown of my best options for anyone curious. Also for anyone else who’s interested in getting a 2021 XC90 Inscription Expression T8 and wants to get an idea on what potential floor pricing can be with enough negotiation. (I was on this non stop past several days and weeks. One of the dealers I talked to even made a joking, informal job offer for my communication and negotiation skills)

Quick key to the table: Green cell = what helped that vehicle, red = what hurt that vehicle. In the pricing section, if it’s got a ? I either didn’t know it or estimated the number. If no ?, that means it was an actual number given to me.

Also, fun fact on that “5th best build” vehicle - that’s what initially opened the door to a T8 working out. A week ago, I was all set to go with a 2021 Momentum T6. But that night I e-mailed just to inquire on the off chance it wasn’t much more and when I saw just $125 more per month for the T8 vs the Momentum T6, it seemed worth it - especially if gas savings could offset the premium.