Deal check: 2021 Volvo XC40 Momentum

Am having a really hard time getting any dealers to negotiate with me on my first lease. Have consumed all the 101 info and watched countless YT videos, lurked on every sub. Feeling defeated and am looking into brokers but what do you think?

I qualify for A-Plan, but no costco or other current affiliate incentives.

MSRP 42,285
Sale price 38,113
MF .00045
RV .58
DAS 490.16
Monthly 473.16

Maybe I’m missing something on the calculator- this is as close as I could get checking their math.

If you’re telling them you have a-plan, the negotiation is over, which may be why you’re not getting further traction.

Have you confirmed rv/mf/incentives with Edmunds?

I know :frowning: I learned later how stupid that was. I thought it was either/or with A-Plan. Honestly they weren’t budging to start anyway.

But yes on edmunds. they already tried to pad MF and left off RV and I called them on it. They also said not everyone would qualify for that “ideal MF” - is that true?

What do you think is my best move, start over with another dealer or keep pushing on price with this one?

Tell them you don’t want a-plan and need 10% off or you walk. And then you go to another dealer with the same 10% off. Dealers get 2% back on a-plan, no wonder they will push you to take it.

1 Like

I get the 10%, take it to another dealer who matches. Then ask for A-plan on top of those savings right? It’s not either/or, correct? I’m sorry, I’m a literal idiot + newb and I appreciate your help.

No. If you use a plan, you’re stuck at 6%. It will cost you more to use a plan then not to. Just forget it exists

4 Likes

Don’t do that.

3 Likes

Join Costco in the interim?

You can’t. Had to be a member before the promotion started. All Costco promotions are like that

Would the end run of being added to a previously existing membership work?

To be added you must reside in the same household. https://customerservice.costco.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/855/~/can-other-people-use-my-membership-card%3F

Feeling pretty good about this! I don’t qualify for the costco/healthcare incentives and it is my first time leasing. I got a LOT of flack in reddit subs for trying to ask honest questions about negotiating - but this forum has been a huge resource for learning what to expect. Let me know what you think!

xc40 lease

Standard questions for you. Have you confirmed the rv/mf/incentives with Edmunds? What is the $2k incentive they’re showing?

1 Like

Yes, I confirmed on edmunds (MF/RV are as shown). The incentives are $500 lease bonus and $1500 A-Plan. (you told me on my last deal check thread not to go with/settle for A-plan pricing, and so I pushed back a bit and asked for another ~2% off. I’m really not sure how they made it work, but they are honoring my A-plan incentive and giving me 8% off MSRP pre-incentive. They’ve asked for my pin.) Does this seem right to you?

Thanks so much for your insight, now and in my last post!

So there’s a couple things here that don’t quite add up right at first glance.

I’ve never heard of the a-plan bonus being anywhere near $1500 on the xc40. Have you confirmed that yourself on the a-plan site?

Volvo almost always has some amount of Volvo allowance/dealer lease cash. Since your incentives are spoken for, that means this is likely being rolled into your sales price, so you’re not at 8% pre-incentive.

If they are able to skirt the a-plan rules somehow and go deeper on the discount, then you should set your sights higher.

Before you go any further, go to the a-plan site to confirm the a-plan elite bonus amount and go to Volvo’s website, build the car, and I’m the summary page, click the estimate my payments button. This will tell you the Volvo allowance/lease cash incentive amount for your zip code.

1 Like

MSDs would get your interest rate super low here.

1 Like

Here’s the fine print for the $424 local lease price. A-plan Elite looks like $750 on this model.(??) Should I be concerned that the incentive doesn’t match? And it looks like the advertised cap cost is close to where I am, maybe in the dealer’s favor by +$400 right?

• This offer is available only to qualified customers with a credit score of 750 or above, at participating dealers by Volvo Car Financial Services, N.A.
  • through 11/30/2020.
  • Advertised lease rate based on 36 months, a vehicle selling price of $42,285, $4,424 due at signing, $995 acquisition fee, including the gross capitalized cost of $43,280.
  • Total monthly payments equal $15,264.
  • Cash due at signing includes $4,500 capitalized cost reduction, a required security deposit of $0, and first month’s lease payment of $424.
  • $.25 charge per mile over 10,000 miles per year.
  • $350 disposition fee due at lease end unless customer purchases vehicle or decides to re-finance.
  • $350 lease-end purchase option fee.
  • Early termination fees may apply.
  • Lessee is responsible for maintenance, insurance, repair, and excess wear/tear at end of lease.
  • Lessee will not be liable for extra charges if realized vehicle value is lower than residual value at end of lease.
  • Lessee may incur penalties and additional charges for delinquent payments.
  • Excludes tax, tag, registration, title and dealer fee.

Thank you! You’re right- I’ll look into adding MSDs. But honestly thinking we might opt to keep the money in HYSA or just on-hand given the pandemic.

You need all the information to figure out what the deal you actually have in front of you really is. In this case, that means starting with getting ALL the incentive information out in front of you.

Advertised local lease specials are essentially useless. I wouldn’t pay them any attention.

1 Like

Ok I will, thank you. You’ve been so helpful - I really appreciate it.