Deal Check- 2021 Volkswagen Atlas 3.6L V6 SEL

Hi Guys,

I am new at this, so trying to figure out where i should look to push or improve this offer with another dealer.

2021 Volkswagen Atlas 3.6L V6 SEL
MSRP - $47,339
Selling Price- $44,939
48 months
10k/year
Residual- 51%
MF .00162
0 Down
They are covering “drive offs” which total $1500 (First payment, acqusition, dealer doc, title/reg.)
Payment - 559 plus tax -599 after tax

I really want a payment that is max 450-490 after tax. Do you think this is possible with this vehicle?
Only reason we were considering the SEL is because my wife has the non-negotiables of-
powered tailgate
birdseye view cam
captains chairs
blindspot detection

Any help you can offer, or suggestions on other vehicles in the 7-8 seater range that are leasing better would be fantastic.

Thanks!

Based on the current lease programs, what pre-incentive discount would be required to get you there? How does that discount compare to other deals you’ve researched?

I’m not sure how I would calculate that. Do you have any suggestions? Sorry again I am very new at this and its overwhelming working through all the numbers.

There’s a great how to for using the LH calculator that walks step by step through using it. Once you get the pertinent data in and matching for the offer, just adjust the selling price percentage until you get to the monthly you’re looking for. That’ll let you know what discount amount is required.

Great, I will try that. Thanks! Looking at this lease deal offered above, where would you push to improve it?

More specifically i was a bit put off by the 48 month term, and the 10k limit. Are those things that will automatically increase the payment?

There are really only a few places you can push; the pre-incentive selling price, the mf if it’s marked up, and any unneeded add ons.

You’ll want to verify rv/mf/incentives with edmunds to baseline what that current pre-incentive discount is and if there’s a mf mark up to let you know what of those knobs you can turn and give you something to compare against to see if there’s room for improvement or not.

1 Like

Going with a 10k mile per year limit will be cheaper than 12k or 15k.

48 months often results in a lower monthly, but the only way to really tell is to get the lease terms to calculate. Even with a lower monthly, the total cost can often be higher due to the extra maintenance (tires, etc) required to be purchased during the longer lease term, so don’t forget to factor those in when comparing prices.

If that’s your budget, then maybe you should look at other vehicles.

If these options are non-negotiable, then you might want to up your budget.

Those are your options. Good luck.

Thanks for the feedback. We are now looking at the SE. I think it would be possible to get all of those things on the lower trim and hit our budget numbers.

Here’s a pretty decent video that happens to estimate a lease on a VW Atlas. It was from over two years ago, but the basic concepts remain the same:

And here’s a video with a more thorough explanation: How to lease a car like a pro using Leasehackr Calculator!