Deal Check: 2021 Toyota Corolla SE (WA)

UPDATE

Quick summary: Had a $246 monthly with 0 DAS. Expanded search to other makes and dealers. Found a favorable dealer with excess stock and want to push out before end of month. Now have a $220 monthly with 0(?) DAS. Meets my target, but have a couple questions for the community.

MSRP: $23,349
Selling price before rebates: $20,749 (11.1% off MSRP)
Rebate: $1300 ($500 lease cash according to Edmunds)
MF: 0.00082 (matches buy rate from Edmunds)
Res: 61% (36/10k)
DAS taxes/fees: $0 (covered by rebate)
Pre-tax monthly: $200
Monthly: $220.65 (includes 10.4% tax)

Link to calculator: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

Copy of the quote if you want to double check the numbers:
Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 3.07.09 PM

Very solid deal that meets my target and matches some of the brokers here. I’ve bounced between the Corolla Sedan, Mazda 3, Corolla Hatchback, and Kia K5 but ultimately still liked the Corolla Sedan best. Not really looking at Hyundai’s and Honda’s since they don’t allow lease transfers.

My questions:

1. Confirmed with dealer that the acquisition, tags and licensing is grouped into the “Upfront charges” in the quote, but TFS acquisition fee alone is $650 - am I missing something here?
  2. Made sure with the dealer this is a $0 DAS deal, and I see that on the quote with 0 Due on Delivery. What’s the $503.39 under Total Cap Reduction - is this coming from me?

Thanks for reading and happy hacking!

What have you found for pre-incentive discounts when you researched through the shared deals and marketplace?

I’m seeing about 10-14% off with the Northeast/Cal brokers here. Local dealers are about 6-9% at the moment.

Anyone knows any other brokers I might be missing?

As usual, the best dealership in Wa is SeaTAC

Definitely still true in 2021! Are you from the PNW area?

–Archive–
*Outdated - Original first post *
Hey Hackrs! I’m getting close to a deal now and just wanted to double check with you all. Frankly I’m surprised to get this deal out of WA. Some of the brokers here are able to get $220 ish monthly for the SE but with shipping + broker fees it is higher.

MSRP: $23,349
Selling price before rebates: $21,499 (only 8% - does it go any lower for cars like these?)
Rebate: College grad - $500 + first month payment - $254
Incentive: $500
MF: 0.00084
Res: 63% (36/10k)
DAS taxes/fees: $0 (covered by rebate)
Monthly: $246.56

Link to calculator: leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Toyota&miles=10000&msd=0&msrp=23349&sales_price=21499&months=36&mf=0.00084&dp=0&dealer_fee=150&acq_fee=650&taxed_inc=1500&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=63&reg_fee=395&sales_tax=10.4&demo_mileage=0&memo=&acqFee_check=true&zero_driveoff=true&monthlyTax_radio=true&bmw_demo_25=true

Also curious about the second rebate. I know Volvo has done this where they rebate your first monthly payment, but have not seen this for Toyota.

Nope, but been here long enough to know that the first thing I’d do if I lived in WA and was trying to lease would be to hop on a plane headed south.

1 Like

What other makes and models are you looking at

No idea what the Toyota market is like, but for bmw and mercedes, I’ve generally found portland to be more competitive, though occasionally MB Seattle is willing to move a unit. If i were you, I’d get quotes from the Portland dealers and see if they were able to offer a discount significant enough to make it worth your time

1 Like

I was looking between a entry level sedans (Mazda3, Hyundai Elantra, Kia Forte/K5, Civic, Corolla) but the other makers don’t seem to allow lease transfers. Looked around for a bit and don’t see a lot of 24 mo options for these as well.

There’s a chance I won’t be able to complete the lease so I just want to be on the safe side. Are there any other automakers/leasing companies that allow lease transfers that I’m missing out on?

Mazda would have the same transfer capabilities as Toyota

Have no doubts about that. When brokers/dealers say no out of state deals, I can still go there in person to deal right? (i.e. I don’t have to be a CA resident to shop in CA?)

I initially thought the same, but saw forum posts that Mazda doesn’t allow transfers…

Mazda used to use Chase for their captive bank, which did not allow transfers. They changed this in the last year or so, so now Toyota Financial is the captive bank.

You would need to discuss this with the dealer. Some won’t deal with out of state people because they don’t want to deal with the licensing/registration/etc issues so it’s a non-starter. Others just don’t want to deal with shipping, so if you pick it up, they don’t care.

1 Like

Thanks for the info all! What I’m getting is that the deal can get better if I expand my search.

Will go ahead and do that since I’m not in a rush. In the meantime, can leave this here as a datapoint first anyone looking.

Bump, managed to find a better deal for $220 including tax. Please refer to the first post.

1. I have no idea how they are calculating the acq fee in there. Based on their numbers lining up with your calculator - it appears to just be missing :exploding_head:
  2. The “cap cost reduction” is just to get the total amount due at signing before rebate to $1300, which then becomes $0 after applying the rebate.

It looks like a really solid deal. I would do it as long as there isn’t any funny business around them adding the acq fee back in when you go in to sign. Definitely go over the contract carefully before signing.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.