Deal Check 2021 Tacoma

I’ve been browsing the sight and reading and learning for the last year and a half…first time to post! Thanks to everyone that shares such good info Everyone has been really helpful. I even texted @Jrouleau426 a few times about possible leases. We were never able to do a deal but it was never because of him. He was alway so helpful, kind, knowledgeable and I hope to give him business one day.

I’ve been working on a Tacoma for several months but of course all dealers here in Nashville are selling $3000-5000 over sticker. It seems so weird to claim a “victory” by getting a deal at MSRP, haha. Such is 2021. Finally found a dealer an hour outside of town willing to lease me a 2021 SR without markup. On my way to sign right now.

Unless I am missing something this seems about the best I could do, right?

2021 Tacoma SR
Double cab V6 4x4
MSRP $35,186
36/10 lease
MF .00160
Residual 82%
Only first month due at signing
$372/month

It’s good. Sign it. Can you do msds and Tfs to make it better?

My goal currently is just to make sure people don’t get ripped off. I can’t discount cars in this current market so best I can do it be transparent about what pricing is possible!

2 Likes

Thanks man! It’s through TFS and I could do MSDs…However, we have so many expensive house projects going on right now I was trying not to even put up the extra 9 MSDs out of pocket. So I just did first month only.

0% credit card with 6 months of no interest might work best. To get almost a 20% roi Toyota msds make a lot of sense these days. Not many other guaranteed 20% rois out there. Actually there’s none…

2 Likes

Fellow Nashville resident here. Our market is absolutely garbage. Did you check ATL? I’ve given up even trying here and have gotten my last few cars from ATL dealers. Shockingly good comparatively speaking. Much closer to SoCal or East Coast as far as competitive markets go.

Also got a truck from @Jrouleau426 once upon a time. His deals were good at the time, so long as you don’t ask too many questions.

2 Likes

Good to know. Atlanta (and possibly parts of Kentucky) was going to be my next target in the search but luckily found this one in Clarksville.

If you haven’t pulled the trigger yet and want some help, PM me. If you’re happy with that deal, then by all means, go get it. It doesn’t look very good to me, but I’ve also not done a deal in the last 18mo since all of this shit began.

I leased the same truck in Ky on October 4th for 27 month/27k as a single pay for $6,750. @Jrouleau426 is right with the MSDs or single pay. Saved me over $100/month effectively.

I was quoted $343/month with $343 down as a 36/36.

Message me if you want more information. I have contacted every dealer in Ky/TN/OH/IN as I am still looking for a Sienna for my wife (will purchase the sienna)

1 Like

This comment here just opened my mind…

Which comment?

1 Like

Putting msds on a 0% credit card. But only do that if you can pay it off in that time period or you’ll wind up losing all the benefit in interest. Also most dealers only allow $3k or so on cards so expensive leases you would be able to fund 100% on a card…

1 Like

Great deal! Which dealer in ky?

Debatable. 6 month no interest means you open a new credit product - ding on the score. Only makes sense if you pay off completely during 6 months (otherwise credit card interest is way higher, than saving on msd) - not guaranteed. Chances are that if that amount is not available right now, it’s not gonna be in 6 months.

And if the idea is “investing” available money for 6 months, that is not investing, that’s gambling with borrowed money on very short time horizon.

Exactly what I said. If you can’t pay it in 6 months don’t use this option…some are interest free for 12 months also.

I like to give clients every available incentive available to them. This worked for many other clients that didn’t have the cash right away or didn’t want to use savings, but rather pay off msds monthly over the 6-12 months.

I’ve also used credit cards for msds in the past for rewards. On expensive leases those can be quite substantial

100% use credit cards for msd. That is one of the very few loopholes which allow one to make equivalent of cash withdrawals on credit cards and still earn points.

Kerry Toyota in Florence, KY

It’s a 2021 Tacoma SR Double Cab 4x4

Pricing has obviously changed some for the 2022 models, but they should offer you a vehicle at MSRP. Just be knowledgeable about the RV, MF and .001 discount for 1 pay.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.