Deal check 2021 Mazda CX-9 GT NY

Hi guys/gals, I’ve been going back and fourth with a local lease broker on this 2021 Mazda CX-9 GT deal. The structure is 0 down, 0 or 1st payment DAS. 36/30. My cost with $500 DAS has gone down from $560 to $519, and now includes the first payment rolled in and 0 DAS. I’ve also finally received some clear breakdown of most of numbers.

What I know:

MF .00001
Incentives $750 + $500 (I’m a Mazda customer, just laid off a lease and sold it)

He also mentioned he’s somehow waiving the tax and reg. Not giving me much info other than that.

Here is the breakdown.

Please let me know if it’s worth negotiating, or I’m in the ballpark for a descent deal. He’s gone down quiet a bit and I’m not sure if there is still wiggle room.

Thank you !

There is no discount from MSRP.

I’ll shine the :bat: :flashlight: for @mllcb42 to drop the helpful stuff

1 Like

It is practically impossible for us to tell you what a “good” monthly payment is for your specific lease as lease programs are highly dependent on region, personal qualifications, tax rates, etc.

We always recommend the following method before you ever contact a dealership. If you do all of the work up front, you’ll have a stress free dealer experience and set yourself for success.

1. Read Leasing 101 (Blog | LEASEHACKR) to understand how to calculate a lease payment and the variables. Monthly payment is an output, not an input!!
  2. Pick a specific vehicle that you want to target
  3. Gather the current MF, RV and incentives from Edmunds forums for your zip code
  4. Research the LH marketplace and other deals that have been made recently on your vehicle - what was their pre-incentive discount? How did their lease terms differ?
  5. Plug your numbers into the LH calculator (CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR), and use a pre-incentive discount similar to what you have seen
  6. Create a target deal, this is what you’re trying to negotiate to. You can try different terms, selling price discount, etc. and see how your monthly payment is affected. It is also possible that different trims of your vehicle may have different MF and RV (i.e. this is very common with GM), so make sure that you look into that. Come up with a set of inputs that give you the output that you want - your desired monthly payment.

With a target price determined, you now have a deal to pursue and compare dealer offers against. More importantly, you have a solid foundation to work from.

If you really want my opinion, run as far away from the cx9 as you can. I hated mine.

Bullsheet… red flag right there.

Well, as far as CX-9 pros and cons- I just sold the CX-5 which was great. The wife liked it a lot, only downside was lack of trunk, and no 3rd row option. 9 fits that bill pretty well.

I could not find descent priced competition, other than Hilander, which none of us like.

So back to the deal, I don’t see any MSRP discounts, but on previous screen caps he sent me there were clear discounts. Odd.

Note the .0001 MF… I noticed that and he corrected it as a mistake and set the monthly price lower.

What would you guys recommend in the CX-9 size, 3rd row capable, in the $500 a month range with 0 DAS ?

Please let me save you some misery! Do not get a CX-9. This is coming from a a huge Mazda fan. We have had a 3, CX-5 and a CX-9. It seems great when you test drive it but it sucks. It’s is very cramped as compared to any of its competitors and you don’t really realize how cramped till you live with it on a daily basis. It also does not age well at all in the interior.

It is a miserable car to live with day to day with kids. If you have a rear facing car seat forget it. There isn’t enough room to have a rear facing car seat and then sit an adult in the front seat in front of it. It is so cramped. I know there are others on this forum that have had similar experiences with this car. Please do not get one you will regret it.

2 Likes

This is very much in line with my experience. Loved it for the first few months and then absolutely hated it after living with it for a while.

1 Like

Not really my choice, this is wife’s car. She had no issues on CX5, just needs a bit more room.

Any one here have any NY experience leasing a CX-9 recently ? I’d love to see a good ballpark deal to shoot for.

So you skipped the cx-7?

Please pm dealer info, looking for a cx9. Maybe we can get better deal if we lease 2 cars lol. Thanks

Interesting. Which car seat did you have that gave you rear facing issues? I can sit very comfortably in the front seat of our cx9 with a rear facing behind me with no issues, I’m 6 ft 1. Now the cx5 is another story, it’s horrible with a rear facing behind you.

But agreed, cx9 is for sure smaller inside than competitors.

Mazda skipped the cx-7

1 Like

Oh wow, they removed it, didn’t even notice that it ‘vanished’

For how long I’ve been here group buys never worked. People assume that deanships want to give bigger discount when more people buy but all that is dealership is to lose more money twice. No incentive for them to do that.

1 Like

Chico Click Fit. You at 6’1 can sit comfortably in the front passenger seat with a rear facing car seat behind you? Wow, I don’t know what to say to that I am 5-8 and could barley get in the car. Enjoy. To each his own.

Yeah, have the Graco 4ever rear facing with plenty of room. Ah and also have 2nd row captains chairs which I think are as far back as can go so maybe that makes a difference. Did you have a bench?

No also captains chairs. Maybe the type of car seat can make a significant difference but this was really just one of the many complaints about this car. I have a Palisade now and has a cavernous interior we LOVE it.

1 Like

I am literally in the same situation as the OP. I got the exact same deal for an AWD GT here is Houston, TX. Would love to hear any updates regarding if the OP went through with it and any impression from the car.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.