Deal Check: 2021 M3 Competition

Looking for another set of eyes on this deal. I’m trying to negotiate selling price down $1-2k below MSRP and/or find a way to lower the money factor.

1st visit: MSRP + $10k upcharge (“market adjustment”)
2nd visit: MSRP + $7.5k upcharge (dealer said the $2500 off was for “military discount”)
Now: MSRP

MSRP: $82,480
Selling price: $82,480

Down Payment: $0
Drive-off: $3,238.29
7.5k miles / 36 months: $1,271
10k miles / 36 months: $1,294

MF: .00123
Residual: $47,013.60 (7.5k miles)

I asked for an email but they just called and gave me the numbers over the phone. Apologies for the limited info.

I’m thinking this is a “gotta pay to play” scenario since it’s a brand new model of a new performance vehicle; just hoping for some insight – or if I just need someone to tell me to wait for the heat to die down on these cars -_-

Thank you in advance.

Ask and ye shall receive!

Given that you’re shopping for an M3, I will make the assumption you don’t need the car ASAP, thus I’d say hold off or even see if you can extend out your current lease. But I don’t have all the details, so may there’s more to it.

Edit: you may also want to reach out to the SoCal dealers and brokers on here, but unsure if M3 is discounted much right now.

2 Likes

Here’s a data point to compare against

2 Likes

wait until next year and you can lease this car for $8xx-9xx range. It’s ludicrous to spend $13xx for an m3.

Reply to the wrong person. @m3_socal

4 Likes

There it is: $208/mo plus rent and tax

1 Like

Is this in stock car or order? Either way a bad deal. But with lack of inventory and delays in production and getting cars over here , will be difficult right now to get a good deal.

They’re marking up the money factor, base is .00093

Check with brokers on here first. I know allocations have dried up with many people on waiting lists.

1 Like

in stock – i’m trying to get them to lower MF but they’re holding firm; may just have to let it sit longer or wait it out as others have suggested

A broker on here (east coast I believe) was able to offer 5% off. Probably about as good as you can do at the moment. With the lower residual Bmw has now I think it going to be very difficult to get it in the $8-$900 range. The sub 900 deals someone mentioned was for the f80 m3 when the residual was 61% for 36/10k. Might be a decent buy though.

1 Like

Comes down to how bad you want it right now. MY 22 starts up in July I think.

I went through broker and got 7% off but I’m still waiting for the car. It was before all the recent part shortages and other issues. Not sure when those deals will be back.

3 Likes

This is an effective $1400/mo for an $82k M3.

If you’ve already made it that far out on the ledge to even consider such nonsense then I don’t know what anyone can say here to even remotely try to talk you back.

But on the off chance you’re willing to wait and shop around, then I would quit trying to beat the dealer up over the MF or discount %, etc. Just put together a target deal around 4-5% off at base MF, offer the payment and DAS, and let the dealer figure out how to make the numbers work.

3 Likes

Excellent point here:

• do NOT grind your dealer to death now, then eject, then try to restart in 6 months.
  • fish or cut bait with a realistic deal for the car you want in this very tight market
3 Likes

That is a payment for financing, you could match that payment with a loan from Navy Fed, … unlimited miles per year ;).

1 Like

Is this a buy here/pay here place near a military base, with American flags around the perimeter of the lot?

2 Likes

I agree…This deal is complete and utter nonsense for this car.

2 Likes

You’re gonna pay that much to not want to look at the front end of your car? :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.