Looking for another set of eyes on this deal. I’m trying to negotiate selling price down $1-2k below MSRP and/or find a way to lower the money factor.
1st visit: MSRP + $10k upcharge (“market adjustment”)
2nd visit: MSRP + $7.5k upcharge (dealer said the $2500 off was for “military discount”)
Selling price: $82,480
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Down Payment: $0
7.5k miles / 36 months: $1,271
10k miles / 36 months: $1,294
Residual: $47,013.60 (7.5k miles)
I asked for an email but they just called and gave me the numbers over the phone. Apologies for the limited info.
I’m thinking this is a “gotta pay to play” scenario since it’s a brand new model of a new performance vehicle; just hoping for some insight – or if I just need someone to tell me to wait for the heat to die down on these cars -_-
Given that you’re shopping for an M3, I will make the assumption you don’t need the car ASAP, thus I’d say hold off or even see if you can extend out your current lease. But I don’t have all the details, so may there’s more to it.
Edit: you may also want to reach out to the SoCal dealers and brokers on here, but unsure if M3 is discounted much right now.
A broker on here (east coast I believe) was able to offer 5% off. Probably about as good as you can do at the moment. With the lower residual Bmw has now I think it going to be very difficult to get it in the $8-$900 range. The sub 900 deals someone mentioned was for the f80 m3 when the residual was 61% for 36/10k. Might be a decent buy though.
If you’ve already made it that far out on the ledge to even consider such nonsense then I don’t know what anyone can say here to even remotely try to talk you back.
But on the off chance you’re willing to wait and shop around, then I would quit trying to beat the dealer up over the MF or discount %, etc. Just put together a target deal around 4-5% off at base MF, offer the payment and DAS, and let the dealer figure out how to make the numbers work.