Deal check - 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee high altitude

, ,

We’ve far and away used more of our Tacoma’s utility than we originally envisioned. It’s done the requisite big box store trips but also hauled trailers of firewood, jet skis, and a log splitter. We can throw dirty baseball equipment in the bed and hose out the dirt versus lugging out the shop vac. And my wife has even taken it off road at Dunkin Donuts.

Admittedly if I didn’t have 2 other cars to drive in the warmer months I wouldn’t want one as my primary vehicle but we have no complaints and are leaning toward leasing another in August.

OP as others have said, the 2021 GC is not a good deal right. While “nice”, $600 a month for this truck is nuts.

FYI, the Tundra was only worth it at $250 all in when they were going for that much back in March/April.

They’re up to over $400 a month now, no thanks on that dinosaur .

Keep scouring this forum, you’ll see deals posted and people paying much less for a nicer truck.

Being picky here but I doubt the tundra is the best vehicle for that purpose, how many goats do you actually estimate can safely fit on that flatbed without falling off? I guess if you use crates it makes more sense but then how many crates can you fit there?

So what is considered a “nicer” truck?

For pickups? How about a new 2021 Ram Laramie someone snagged for $342 a month with $800 DAS. The Silverado is also a much better truck. The current Tundra is just a dinosaur waiting to be extinct.

SUVs for $600? Can easily be in a X5 or S90. Both better trucks than the current GC. Again, it’s dinosaur and ready to be retired.

1 Like

You’ll have to check the Marketplace subforum and see what works for your personal circumstances

Some deals need loyalty/fleet, conquest, COSTCO, etc to be good deals. Some don’t. So there is no universal definition of the best deal.

“Nicer” is subjective. To me, anything is nicer than a vehicle that wasn’t updated to meet safety standards introduced in 2013 and couldn’t deploy its airbags properly when tested.