Deal Check: 2021 Custom Order M550I (CA)

New to this community and was offered this on a new build. Thoughts?

Bernina Grey M550i 12,000 miles/yr 36mo
MSRP: 81,000 MSRP - 10% off.
Incentives: $2000
Payment: $874 with taxes
MF: Unknown
Residual: Unknown
MSD: 0 (Will add 7)
DAS: $2,000

Also still need to add the college grad credit to this…

Overall, do you guys think this is a decent deal?

Are you asking if a custom order at 10% off is good? :man_facepalming:t2:

I’ll say what everyone else is going to:

What’s your research tell you

1 Like

There is very limited research on custom builds or maybe I’m terrible at looking. But I’ll look around some more. Just wanted some reassurance I suppose. It seems like a great deal.

1 Like

The difference between buy rate and fully marked up MF on this vehicle is knocking at the door of $2000. You should definitely not leave this as unknown.

3 Likes

Got it. I’ll send them an email.

1 Like

You’ll also want to independently verify rv/mf/incentives. Doesn’t do you much good if the dealer tells you what mf they’re charging and you don’t know if it’s buy rate or not.

I’ll tell you the same thing I tell everyone else that asks this kind of question…

You really need to figure out what a good deal is BEFORE you start talking to dealers. What you’ve done here is set yourself at a disadvantage with this dealer because you’ve started the negotiations from a weakened position; you’ve essentially told them you have no idea what you’re looking for. Everything is an uphill battle from here. In the future, find out what a good deal is and what you’re targeting BEFORE you ever think of talking to a dealer.

1 Like

While your intentions are pure…

Reassurances from random internet strangers with no research is about as useful as the reassurances the sales rep gives while you’re looking at those inflated prices at a dealership lol.

And poop flavored lollipops.

Def need to get all the info lined up, see what others here paid and then build one in a calculator to get an idea what you should shoot for

1 Like

Ah, I understand. Really new to this and I truly appreciate your advice and looking out. Thank you!

It’s definitely the most common thing that people do “wrong” in this process in my opinion. All comes down to this; talking to a dealer is for finding someone to do your deal. You need to know what that is before you can ask for it.

1 Like

As someone who never has, and probably never will lease a BMW (just preference), in the Marketplace last month we had brokers with 11-13% off custom build slots.

Now: is that this car? Can they sell to SoCal? Is that available for orders this month? No clue. But if you do some research here (in addition to the great suggestions you already received) you may save a few more $$.

I would also read the BMW wiki here

The MSDs changed recently, and each one gives a smaller MF reduction than it previously did.

1 Like

I had my eyes half open for a new 2021 M550 in Southern California as recently as December, and decided to go in another direction for a variety of reasons.

Chief among them: low discounts and terrible inventory.

If you can get 10%, buy rate and no ridiculous add-ons, that would be compelling to me until shown otherwise, and with a custom order it obviously doesn’t matter what inventory looks like.

1 Like

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had numbers for the request below for March?

2021 M550 - 36 month -12,000 miles a year
Residual:
MF:
ZIP: 94560

You have to go to Edmunds to get those.

1 Like

Having current, accurate information for residual value, money factor, and incentives is important in understanding your deal. As such, going directly to a source that has access to that data from the captive banks is your best option. The forums at Edmunds are where we go to get that information, as they have direct access to it from the captive banks. You’ll want to post of the model specific thread for the vehicle you’re interested in and request the most current numbers for your zip code. It is often easiest to find that thread by searching Google for “Edmunds lease” followed by the model of vehicle you’re interested in.

1 Like

Feel free to post your numbers once you are ready for a deal review.

1 Like

Sorry forgot MSRP,

36/12/58%
$1000 lease credit

MSRP: 84,735
10.4% off
$1906 DAS
$300 down

Payment $990 a month.

They said no more OL codes
Graduation credit cannot be combined with the $1,000 lease credit.

You’re at a bit over 8% pre-incentive after your normalize for the marked up mf. How does that compare to your researched targets?

Did you verify these statements independently?

Yeah…your line about the approach of basically asking the dealer to tell you what you want to pay is classic! It should be in the LH HOF :slight_smile:

OL codes cannot be used on custom orders. Here is what the fine print stated on my OL code certificate from last year: